• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting tired of the McCarthy type witch hunt on "Racism"

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I went back to school last year. I didn't miss these clowns one bit after I got a good job a decade ago.

All I ever hear is that white guys are racists. Obama has ZERO faults, and the 2-3 conservative media outlets are spreading total falsehoods. I guess they don't get pretty much any channels other than Fox or some AM stations in their car if they think that the media is polluting the world with proRepublican or conservative news.

I have been told in the classroom such gems as "People that are for small government are racist, based on statisitical analysis", countless other race baiting comments, and now a former douchey Prez has declared that being against the healthcare crap is racist.

Another favorite comment of mine was the "Dr." that told the class "I don't think we shold vote for judges, in fact I don't unless they are a monority or a woman because I feel we need that".

I was likely the ONLY person in the room that caught on to the FACT he was advocating racism AND sexism with that comment. ANY bias based on those factors is inheirently racist or sexist. Period.

This is insanity. Every move you make now is subject to getting you put on an instant McCarthy "Commie" style trial that is accusing you of being racist, even if you have legitimate reasons for why you don't apporve of certain things.

Jim S.

Reaction score
There are many times, sometimes many in a day, that I will say something "wrong" and people (some my friends) will comment "you can't say that, it's racist". I just say "deal with it". If you want to celebrate diversity, that means you are going to have guys like me. Some people need to get a thicker skin. Listen to a old speech by Johnson or Humphrey sometime. My God, they sound like David Duke in this era. Shows how far the country has moved to the left. I even have a few Black musicians that come over at times because I fix a guitar amp now and then on the side. Those guys know what I'm like, and they accept it. At least they know I'm not putting on a phony front. Then again, they are in their 50s so they pretty much agree with me. Common sense trumps political correctness in my book. Show me a bad city and I'll show you a Black city. Statistics are not racist.........

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I read an interesting article last night on yahoo news.

Obama: Health care anger not motivated by his race

Fri Sep 18, 7:16 pm ET
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama told CNN. "That's not the overriding issue here."

Obama, the first black president in the nation's history, spoke about the issue of race during a battery of interviews on Friday. In a media blitz aimed at pounding home his health care message, he taped interviews with ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Univision to be shown during the networks' Sunday morning talk shows.

Some excerpts aired during Friday night broadcasts.

Time and again, Obama was asked about whether the tenor of the health care turned nasty because of undercurrents in racism. Former President Jimmy Carter raised the point prominently this week when he said the vitriol was racially motivated.

Not so, Obama said.

"There's been a long-standing debate in this country that is usually that much more fierce during times of transition, or when presidents are trying to bring about big changes," Obama told CNN.

To NBC News, Obama put it this way: "It's an argument that's gone on for the history of this republic, and that is, What's the right role of government? How do we balance freedom with our need to look out for one another? ... This is not a new argument, and it always evokes passions."

Obama said most people across the country are just trying to follow the debate and figure out how proposed changes would help them.

"Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

Some health care town halls over the summer had bitter moments of confrontation. And South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama during the president's address to a joint session of Congress last week. The White House has said for weeks that such moments are not representative and overblown.

Obama told CBS News that the media was partly to blame.

"The 24-hour news cycle and cable television and blogs and all this — they focus on the most extreme elements on both sides," Obama said. "They can't get enough of conflict. It's catnip to the media right now."

Obama also is visiting David Letterman on Monday, the first appearance ever by a sitting president on Letterman's "Late Show."

Big John

Reaction score
While I don't agree with Obama 99% of the time, I gotta give him some credit for not playing the race card on this issue. I think he (or his advisers) is at least smart enough to understand that this is the type of thing that would drive a wedge between the races.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
How about "Black Bike Week", sounds a little racist to me........maybe we need a White Bike Week. Boy there would be hell to pay for that wouldn't there................oops, anybody know where I can get a better filter that goes between my brain and my mouth...... :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
How about "Black Bike Week", sounds a little racist to me........maybe we need a White Bike Week. Boy there would be hell to pay for that wouldn't there................oops, anybody know where I can get a better filter that goes between my brain and my mouth...... :lol:

There's hell to pay for ANYTHING like that...nevermind that it's okay to have a "Black College" or a "Women's Only Club"...which reminds me...Michelle Wie...Kiss MY A$$...

BTW: Sign me up for "White History Month"... :lol:

:jester:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me that there are celebrations of minority history.

It does both me that the race card is played nonstop for everything, to the point that it doesn't mean anythign to ME anymore. Too bad others seem to think that we should sit on the edge of our seats with our popcorn and wait for the next guy to make even the slightest move that could be considered racist.

Ole Jimmy needs to come tell me I'm racist at my rentals where I even have an interracial couple living. But I'm against healthcare reform that hasn't been clearly defined, so I must be racist :loco:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:

It does both me that the race card is played nonstop for everything, to the point that it doesn't mean anythign to ME anymore. Too bad others seem to think that we should sit on the edge of our seats with our popcorn and wait for the next guy to make even the slightest move that could be considered racist.

Ole Jimmy needs to come tell me I'm racist at my rentals where I even have an interracial couple living. But I'm against healthcare reform that hasn't been clearly defined, so I must be racist :loco:
Must be :acme: :acme: :acme: :D

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:

I can't believe your that racist, and only one state away from me........... :acme: :lol:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I'm sure the real damning evidence is my new all white cat I just got.

Instead of naming her Charmin, I should have just called her "Klanny"

jays69bird

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I went back to school last year. I didn't miss these clowns one bit after I got a good job a decade ago.

All I ever hear is that white guys are racists. Obama has ZERO faults, and the 2-3 conservative media outlets are spreading total falsehoods. I guess they don't get pretty much any channels other than Fox or some AM stations in their car if they think that the media is polluting the world with proRepublican or conservative news.

I have been told in the classroom such gems as "People that are for small government are racist, based on statisitical analysis", countless other race baiting comments, and now a former douchey Prez has declared that being against the healthcare crap is racist.

Another favorite comment of mine was the "Dr." that told the class "I don't think we shold vote for judges, in fact I don't unless they are a monority or a woman because I feel we need that".

I was likely the ONLY person in the room that caught on to the FACT he was advocating racism AND sexism with that comment. ANY bias based on those factors is inheirently racist or sexist. Period.

This is insanity. Every move you make now is subject to getting you put on an instant McCarthy "Commie" style trial that is accusing you of being racist, even if you have legitimate reasons for why you don't apporve of certain things.
I had a history teacher in college who was one step from a doctrate make the statement that he thought the entire state should be given back to the indians,so I know were your coming from,of course this is the same idiot who saidThat The Phillipines was an still an Americian colony(this statement was made iun 2001)He didn't look happy when I corected him in class and explained they had been an independant nation since July 4 1946,no wonder our kds don't know history.s

jays69bird

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
SomeCarGuy said:

I had a history teacher in college who was one step from a doctrate make the statement that he thought the entire state should be given back to the indians,so I know were your coming from,of course this is the same idiot who saidThat The Phillipines was an still an Americian colony(this statement was made in 2001)He didn't look happy when I corrected him in class and explained they had been an independant nation since July 4 1946,no wonder our kids don't know history.s

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
"Of course all the old people are dying off so you young people can change the world."

Said by a Dr. that also said the "we live in a country that won't tolerate a tax increase because of the culture Reagan created."

Why do we need more taxes buddy? Who do YOU pay your extra beans to?

I looked him up and he is paid 151K per year to make statements like that.

jays69bird

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
"Of course all the old people are dying off so you young people can change the world."

Said by a Dr. that also said the "we live in a country that won't tolerate a tax increase because of the culture Reagan created."

Why do we need more taxes buddy? Who do YOU pay your extra beans to?

I looked him up and he is paid 151K per year to make statements like that.
Clowns like that don't realize Reagan came to power because of tax increases and run away government spending,as well as limp wristed responses to foreign policy crisis like the Iran hostages and Soviet aggression.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Clowns like that don't realize Reagan came to power because of tax increases and run away government spending,as well as limp wristed responses to foreign policy crisis like the Iran hostages and Soviet aggression.

I used to think that poor ole Jimmer was largely just a victim of one of the worst Presidential Cabinets in our history...but as he continues to prove day in and day out that he was most unworthy of his Annapolis education I am forced to concede that I was wrong on all counts... He's just a total idiot... :cents:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
jays69bird said:

I used to think that poor ole Jimmer was largely just a victim of one of the worst Presidential Cabinets in our history...but as he continues to prove day in and day out that he was most unworthy of his Annapolis education I am forced to concede that I was wrong on all counts... He's just a total idiot... :cents:

We have a winna.... :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I used to think that poor ole Jimmer was largely just a victim of one of the worst Presidential Cabinets in our history...but as he continues to prove day in and day out that he was most unworthy of his Annapolis education I am forced to concede that I was wrong on all counts... He's just a total idiot... :cents:[/quote]

"Ol Jimmy came to Steubenville(about ten minutes from me) when he was Prez. Made a speech at te High School. A citizen jumped up and asked him what he was going to do about unemployment. This was when all the steel mills were closing around here. Jimmy said to one of his staff, "lets find this man a job" 6 months later the local news did a follow up with the citizen" I haven't heard nuthin from him" The only reason Carter got in was because ofFord pardoning Trickey Dick.

Big John

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
"Ol Jimmy came to Steubenville(about ten minutes from me) when he was Prez. Made a speech at te High School. A citizen jumped up and asked him what he was going to do about unemployment. This was when all the steel mills were closing around here. Jimmy said to one of his staff, "lets find this man a job" 6 months later the local news did a follow up with the citizen" I haven't heard nuthin from him" The only reason Carter got in was because ofFord pardoning Trickey Dick.

Pretty typical of ALL the politicians. They say what they figure the crowd wants to hear.

Ford did the best thing for the country by getting the Watergate scandal behind us. Despite being vilified for pardoning Nixon the election was still pretty close. I still think Ford would have made a decent president... and there's not a lot of argument that he wouldn't have been better then what we had.

Carter's reputation has always been that he was a crappy president but a good, sincere man. I admired his work with Habitat for Humanity but never really warmed up to his unofficial role as diplomat. His recent remarks show he's out of touch with the rest of the world. I don't doubt that there are people in this country that dislike Obama based on his race, but that is such a small minority that it really doesn't matter. I'm sure that Carter saw a lot of racism living in the south but those days are pretty much long gone.

Back