• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goofing off again

69383RR

Reaction score
Put the hood on today and started laying down some tape lines just for the hell of it and one thing led to another and before you know it I sprayed some black primer down . This is just for fun as it is only primer . I would have continued the strips onto the cowl deck but I couldn't line up the hood gaps completely . Its not off by much but it is off . I looked in the tec manual and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to get the gaps right ?

hood012_zps77763cb3.jpg

hood004_zpse6095d75.jpg

hood014_zps4af01bd9.jpg

Found these larger hood emblems , I think they work well with the large hood .
hood008_zps71a10050.jpg

hood010_zps7e220b01.jpg

Last edited:

69383RR

Reaction score
I know the strips are suppose to extend out onto the fenders but I kind of like this look .

Last edited:

69383RR

Reaction score
Thanks man ! I know they're not for everyone . They will have the pin strip and they will go all the way up to the windshield ,they just wont be as wide as factory .

Last edited:

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
When I get mine finished I coming up your way for a weekend next summer. I'll let you know maybe we can get together.

69383RR

Reaction score
absolutely ! that would be cool , probably be the only two rr in the state of Vermont lol !

Last edited:

inri

Reaction score
Put the hood on today and started laying down some tape lines just for the hell of it and one thing led to another and before you know it I sprayed some black primer down . This is just for fun as it is only primer . I would have continued the strips onto the cowl deck but I couldn't line up the hood gaps completely . Its not off by much but it is off . I looked in the tec manual and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to get the gaps right ?

hood012_zps77763cb3.jpg

hood004_zpse6095d75.jpg

hood014_zps4af01bd9.jpg

Found these larger hood emblems , I think the larger size works with the large hood .
hood008_zps71a10050.jpg

hood010_zps7e220b01.jpg

Dude your car is looking sahweet!!!

modernistsouth

Reaction score
... I would have continued the strips onto the cowl deck but I couldn't line up the hood gaps completely . Its not off by much but it is off . I looked in the tec manual and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to get the gaps right ?

Are you using the Plymouth Factory Service Manual? My 1970 service manual has those instructions. I would assume the 1969 does too.

69383RR

Reaction score
Yep , might be in there but I couldn't find it . I know its all in the hinges . I got the up and down set and left to right is good , but the gap on the drivers side is a bit wider then the passenger side . Its straight on both sides just wider on one side then the other, and wide enough to notice from a distance . I could add some shims but I don't think that's the way to go . I'll take another look in the big book .

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that doesn't look too bad considering who did the work....:acme::jester:

69383RR

Reaction score
Gee thanks Dave , wait till you see how awful the other side of the hood turned out . But not until tomorrow , I'm not going down to that ice-cold garage to take pictures tonight . :sick:

Last edited:

69383RR

Reaction score
I'll keep ya posted on that road trip.

Great , I'm looking forward to it . I know some of the fellows here get together and meet up at a particular car shows every now and then . We should try to get as many from this forum to get together at some point and time . Meet up at a some nice little hot rod show somewhere accessible to as many as possible .
Tom.

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
Ok is there a cool place to meet . We gave a car show on Wednesday nites near me with a old school drive in serving up fries burgers and shakes. Also has a DJ with the oldies going. Any place like that up your way?

Back