• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got out to the track on Saturday!

bobtile

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for a while, which is a good thing because I'm busy with work. I added a new converter because I broke the last one. I think it was probably tired when I got it. Ran my best times to date. 11.52@115.63 and 11.55@115.98. Right on the cusp of needing a roll bar. I'm still on the fence if i want to do that or not. If I go there, it will be reserved for the track only. We'll see.

mopars lvd 070.jpg

mopars lvd 071.jpg

mopars lvd 072.jpg

earlyrides

Reaction score
As the old saying goes:
"The faster you make the car the less time you spend drag racing."
(Also the more money being spent on your "lets go faster" parts)

bobtile

Reaction score
As the old saying goes:
"The faster you make the car the less time you spend drag racing."
(Also the more money being spent on your "lets go faster" parts)

That's true. It's a good thing that I love working on the car as much as I do driving it.

bobtile

Reaction score
be a shame to keep that beauty off the streets

That's why I'm torn. I love driving around on the street, but man is it a blast at the track. I live 20 minutes from Island Dragway. i will definitely still drive it back and forth from there. Just hope that it doesn't break,

bobtile

Reaction score
So I got out to Island dragway a week ago and ran the GTX. The car ran OK but seemed like it had a little miss at the top end. It ran 11.60 which is ok, but I hoped for better. I had previously ran a best of 11.51 and wanted to better that. I changed jets on the carbs to richen it up a little. Next pass I went 11.45. Kept everything the same for the next run and went 11.43. That was it for Saturday because I was eliminated. Sunday morning I went back for a nostalgia race. The air was better, so I left the car alone. First pass it went 11.40! I was shocked and extremely happy. The air got increasingly better as the day went on. Next pass, left everything the same again and it went 11.38!!!! I can't believe how this car is working now. A mild build with stock suspension. Best 60ft.@ 1.570 and mph@ 117.46. Next pass I was eliminated because I didn't run the number. Left everything the same, but the air got too good for the setup and it went lean. It popped and sputtered its way to an 11.60 on an 11.38 dial. Don't care though. I was happy enough with the beat times yet.

Just picked this up last night. Going to try to get it together for a pass this weekend.

Victor.jpg

bobtile

Reaction score
Neat, let us know which setup worked better on the track please.

So far the dual quad setup is the better performer. I have a lot more time into that setup though. I went to Atco dragway this past Sunday for the first real test. there was a 30 MPH head/cross wind, so they only let us run 1/8 mile. After fixing a vacuum leak the night before, I heard a slight whistle at the track again. Tried to tighten everything down, but was still there. I went up anyway to make a pass because it seemed to be running well. I took off and the car sputtered until I shut her down half way out. Got back to the pits and took off the hood and saw a lot of oil and the whistling was worse. I packed up and went home. As soon as I got unloaded, I took off the intake and the valley pan. I noticed with the Victor intake, the runners were pushing down on the 440 source pan that I had on previously. I installed a stock turkey pan and put the intake and carb back on. Had the car out on the street for an hour or so and came back and everything was dry and sealed. It seemed more responsive as well. I am going to try to get to the track at least once more this year, but I think I still need a bit more tuning time on this setup to see if it is going to work.

engine.jpg

Victor.jpg

10-19-14 022.jpg

10-19-14 026.jpg

10-19-14 061.jpg

10-19-14 024.jpg

bobtile

Reaction score
After thinking about going full race car over the winter, My conscience and my wallet helped me to decide to leave the car as stock as possible. I mounted the battery in the trunk, removed some weight inside and added glass bumpers. The interior is back in the car. I'm going to try some 11.5 index racing this year as well as racing with Nendra. 1st race was called last week due to weather. This Saturday I'll be running the 11.5 race at Island.

glass bumper 2.jpg

glass bumper.jpg

beast 001.jpg

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
as normal Bobtile car looks good, good luck next weekend
hopefully the snow & weather we're getting today, doesn't make all the way back east

have you weighed her yet ?,
I'm just curious how much she weighs now

bobtile

Reaction score
as normal Bobtile car looks good, good luck next weekend
hopefully the snow & weather we're getting today, doesn't make all the way back east

have you weighed her yet ?,
I'm just curious how much she weighs now

Disn't get a chance to weigh it yet. I want to see that as well. Probably won't be able to do that until the end of the month.
Its supposed to rain here every day until Saturday. We'll see!

bobtile

Reaction score
Finally got to the track today.
11.42@117.07
11.37@117.61
11.32@117.72 Best all time.
11.34@118.26 2nd best

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your clicking off some pretty good times. I assume the track is near sea level ? I have been to English town what track are you going to?

Back