• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had a GREAT day!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Our pastor is a huge Cowboys fan and a bunch of the guys from the church had been planning to go to the Bucs-Cowboys game. 2 weeks ago he asked me "are you free to go to the game? I have a spare ticket because someone backed out." I told him I couldn't afford the price tag right now ($65 for the ticket). He said "see me Wednesday night." So I did and he gave me the ticket "as my gift to you" because he knows I'm a big 'Boys fan, too.
So today we head on over to Raymond James Stadium, stopping by Cracker Barrel on the way (yummy). We got inside the stadium with about an hour to spare and watched the pre-game warmups and all that. Good stuff. There were about 6 of us from the church, including pastor who was taking a "vacation day." Since I'm one of the members of the elder board I naturally approved! (conflict of interest? :D ).
Anyway the game was a memorable one. With a little over a minute to go at the half my 'Boys were down 7-6 but a great drive got us the lead at 13-7 with 46 seconds to go in the half. The Bucs drove down the filed but time expired on them before they could try a field goal - whew!
We had been expecting rain and it was cloudy all around the stadium with heavy rain about 1/4 mile north of the stadium just as the 2nd half was getting ready to begin. We all thought it was coming our way so out came the poncho and it did rain - for all of about 3-5 minutes. Then the clouds parted again and the sun came back out. About mid way through the 3rd quarter we got some clouds which gave us some shade and some breeze which made it a lot less miserable. I was loaded up with 45 sunblock so this red head didn't become a red neck! We were up in section 316 (SW corner), Row Z - about 10 rows from the top of the stadium and the view was excellent!
The 'Boys really turned on the old "Spank Machine" in the 3rd and 4th quarters and pulled away strong. Since becoming a 'Boys fan in 1966 I've never seen them in person until today and it was a most triumphant excursion! :thumbsup:
I had made mention on the way over that we should stop and eat dinner at this little place in Dover, FL off I-75 called Nidia's Latin Grill on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and N. Dover Rd. It isn't much to look at on the outside but they have killer ribs and chicken along with some of the best beans, rice and salad anywhere. The guys loved it and we all pigged out! I also brought some home to my wife because I've brought it home before and if I hadn't brought some home today I'd have been in hot water.
Unfortunately I did not take my camera but since it was a televised game I figured what would be the point? I will say, being at the game is a completely different experience than watching it on TV. The game was great, the company was great (tons of Cowboys fans in attendance) and the food afterward was outstanding. Its not often you have days like today so it will be a cherished memory for many years to come! :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
:lmao: actually none but there were a number of fans around us "feeling no pain".

moparmoose3

Reaction score
hey bud. now ya know how i feel after i get to go to daytona for speedweeks. it's nothing like you see on t.v.glad ya had a great time. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup:
mcmopar said:
Our pastor is a huge Cowboys fan and a bunch of the guys from the church had been planning to go to the Bucs-Cowboys game. 2 weeks ago he asked me "are you free to go to the game? I have a spare ticket because someone backed out." I told him I couldn't afford the price tag right now ($65 for the ticket). He said "see me Wednesday night." So I did and he gave me the ticket "as my gift to you" because he knows I'm a big 'Boys fan, too.
So today we head on over to Raymond James Stadium, stopping by Cracker Barrel on the way (yummy). We got inside the stadium with about an hour to spare and watched the pre-game warmups and all that. Good stuff. There were about 6 of us from the church, including pastor who was taking a "vacation day." Since I'm one of the members of the elder board I naturally approved! (conflict of interest? :D ).
Anyway the game was a memorable one. With a little over a minute to go at the half my 'Boys were down 7-6 but a great drive got us the lead at 13-7 with 46 seconds to go in the half. The Bucs drove down the filed but time expired on them before they could try a field goal - whew!
We had been expecting rain and it was cloudy all around the stadium with heavy rain about 1/4 mile north of the stadium just as the 2nd half was getting ready to begin. We all thought it was coming our way so out came the poncho and it did rain - for all of about 3-5 minutes. Then the clouds parted again and the sun came back out. About mid way through the 3rd quarter we got some clouds which gave us some shade and some breeze which made it a lot less miserable. I was loaded up with 45 sunblock so this red head didn't become a red neck! We were up in section 316 (SW corner), Row Z - about 10 rows from the top of the stadium and the view was excellent!
The 'Boys really turned on the old "Spank Machine" in the 3rd and 4th quarters and pulled away strong. Since becoming a 'Boys fan in 1966 I've never seen them in person until today and it was a most triumphant excursion! :thumbsup:
I had made mention on the way over that we should stop and eat dinner at this little place in Dover, FL off I-75 called Nidia's Latin Grill on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and N. Dover Rd. It isn't much to look at on the outside but they have killer ribs and chicken along with some of the best beans, rice and salad anywhere. The guys loved it and we all pigged out! I also brought some home to my wife because I've brought it home before and if I hadn't brought some home today I'd have been in hot water.
Unfortunately I did not take my camera but since it was a televised game I figured what would be the point? I will say, being at the game is a completely different experience than watching it on TV. The game was great, the company was great (tons of Cowboys fans in attendance) and the food afterward was outstanding. Its not often you have days like today so it will be a cherished memory for many years to come! :thumbsup:

thrashy

Reaction score
I Know the feeling, I was at Paul Brown Stadium watching the broncos stun the bengals. I'm a lifelong Bronco fan and do not got a lot of opportunities to watch them in person. Plus I brought My oldest boy who is a pretty good football player himself, My Dad and Younger brother too. No beer in the stadium though, I can't pay 7 dollars for a bud light, After we went to a place on the river that has 30 beers on tap from Stones Brewery, Dead guy, etc. (Had a designated driver).Sipped a few good beers while the traffic died down and just couldn't stop smiling.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Lucky dog Iam green with envy :drool: I've been a Boys fan since the days of Roger the dodger.9yrs ago I was in San Antonio for Thanksgiving,on my bucket list is see a cowboys game on thanksgiving.I was driving distance from that game,I told my wife to get tickets before we went it would have been a great early Christmas present,but alas she never did ,maybe someday.

John69RR

Reaction score
Back in the late 60's my dad took myself and my brother to a Browns vs. Squeallers game at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland. I can't tell you who one as we were so in awe of the crowd and getting to see our first NFL game. Been to many games since then but that one was special.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Back in the late 60's my dad took myself and my brother to a Browns vs. Squeallers game at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland. I can't tell you who one as we were so in awe of the crowd and getting to see our first NFL game. Been to many games since then but that one was special.

If you can't remember who one.......then it was the Steelers for sure(no surprise there) Go Black & Gold!!!!!

John69RR

Reaction score
Sounds like I rustled a few feathers. :lol: Dave, that was back in the early 60's when the rivalry meant something. I recall my dad telling us that extra police are hand for this game due to the rowdy fans. To calm you two down, the best game I went to was on Monday Night in 1979 when the Browns beat the Cowgirls on National TV.

thrashy

Reaction score
Now if those Browns could just beat those pesky broncos! :acme: :devil:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Sounds like I rustled a few feathers. :lol: Dave, that was back in the early 60's when the rivalry meant something. I recall my dad telling us that extra police are hand for this game due to the rowdy fans. To calm you two down, the best game I went to was on Monday Night in 1979 when the Browns beat the Cowgirls on National TV.

You hit the nail on the head there, John. I have lots of friends that are both Brownies fans and Stillers fans. The rivalry is still front and center for the Browns fans, and the Stillers fans just look at the schedule and see two easy wins every year. Point this out to the Browns-Backers and they just get pissed off - but they're just in denial - THE Division Rivalry for the Stillers anymore is the Ravens...

I've been to more games than I can count...we had season tickets to the Bucs for a decade and I always try to sneak in a game here or there when I travel... Some of my more memorable were: Sitting in the Dog Pound for the home opener at the old Cleveland stadium ('95 I think) for the Browns-Bucs - as expected a fight broke out minutes into the 2nd qtr, but it was between two Browns fans; Cowboys & Raiders in Irving (about '87) - defensive struggle and Marc Wilson of the Raiders was stinking up the joint so they rolled Jim Plunkett out there in his wheelchair and the old man led them back to victory; Sat in the Black Hole in '99 for the Raiders-Bucs. No words can describe that "environment"...; Dolphins-Bills at Rich Stadium ('96 maybe?) two or three days before Christmas with the Division Title on the line - some drunken fan in a Santa Suit took the field in the 4th qtr and the cops tackled him. HARD. Kids throughout the stadium were crying and dads everywhere were trying to explain that it wasn't the REAL Santa that got taken out...; SuperBowl XXXVII in San Diego in '02. My Bucs demolished My Raiders (grew up a Raider Fan - but the Bucs are my home team). I thought that I had it made in the shade once they both won their respective conference titles. I figured out a few days later that someone HAD TO LOSE... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Do us all a favor and start watching reality tv so we don't have to hear about this "waste of time ballgame bullcrap". You guys are killing me......... :pot: :devil:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Do us all a favor and start watching reality tv so we don't have to hear about this "waste of time ballgame bullcrap". You guys are killing me......... :pot: :devil:

...so Dad didn't play ball with little Gary and now you have "post-pre-adolescent-sports-related-trauma" issues... :lmao:

:jester:
ACME aka "my dad didn't know which end of the football bat to pick up either but I overcame it..."

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Cowboys you either love em or hate em and I'm the latter. But this is about a nice christian lady around the corner that was an @*#!&%& cowboy fan and has been all her life with a house full of cowboy goodies. Her dream came true with an invite to the owners skybox for a game last season while visiting family in Dallas. She described Jerry Jones with words I didn't think she knew and the folks he had surrounded himself with and nose candy spread on tables and counter tops with instructions that he and a few guests were to be seen near the front glass. She came home and destroyed all of her collection. :pot:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Cowboys you either love em or hate em and I'm the latter. But this is about a nice christian lady around the corner that was an @*#!&%& cowboy fan and has been all her life with a house full of cowboy goodies. Her dream came true with an invite to the owners skybox for a game last season while visiting family in Dallas. She described Jerry Jones with words I didn't think she knew and the folks he had surrounded himself with and nose candy spread on tables and counter tops with instructions that he and a few guests were to be seen near the front glass. She came home and destroyed all of her collection. :pot:

WOW! :eek:

Back