• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers or not...

DanielB

Reaction score
Ya i wish i could afford a hemi but it seems like everything about them is 3x as expensive. Anyone ever run indy heads or used any of their products?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Just their stainless steel valves. 2.14"/1.81". Prices were the best I found when I had my heads done.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
mcmopar said:
Bill - repeat after me..."get a mini-starter. get a mini-starter, get a mini-starter..."
Trust me, you'll be glad you did :thumbsup:

the world is flat....the world is flat....... :D

I was thinking the same thing... :lol:

sam z

Reaction score
Yep...powermaster starter based on recommendation from this site. Thumbs up. Big time.

I thought I would miss the noise from the OEM piece but I got over it rather quickly when my car began starting without any BS.

mcmopar

Reaction score
It's funny...back when my dad bought his '69 road runner back in '70 off a used car lot he thought the starter was going bad because of the sound it made so he dickered the guy down until he finally took $1500. Of course we soon learned that's how they all sounded. Boy, those were the days!

moparchris

Reaction score
DanielB said:
Man I'm still running the stock intake manifold, have a holley 670 double pumper carb, has a comp XE 274 cam which I want to up a bit, I want it to be a street car i dont plan on hitting the track often, its 3 speed automatic i still have the stock torque converter which could be hurting the performance of my cam, ive upgraded the ignition to MSD control box coil and distributer, the motor runs perfect but i just dont feel like im gettin near the power out of it that i want. What order do you guys think i should upgrade this stuff for the best gains, eventually im going to put a 3 inch exhaust with turn downs on it. Like i said i dont want to make it a all out drag car but i do want it to get down when i want it to =P. i also have 3.23 gears which i dont really plan to go up with. but ya i appreciate your opinions on this stuff =D thanks.

It sounds like you have done some of the havy lifting already and you just need to fine tune the car to utilize the power you make. It has been my experience that when you start adding camshaft to a mopar big block the more you will capitalize with the use of headers. I would run a 2.5 system with it until you start putting head work into the equation. The stock 4 hole intake is really aweful with a holley due to the orientation of the veturis of the carb in relation to the holes in the intake. I would say the intake then headers would be logical moves with gains of 20 hp with each upgrade. OF course as you ad more cam to it, the more you will need gear and a quality torque converter, cheap converters arent worth it no matter how cheap they are. Then when you are all done a good dyno session at a local dyno shop will get you hp you never thought existed. Good luck with your Runner.

Back