• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headlights on buzzer?

ykf7b0

Reaction score
My 69 is equipped with the AO1 Light Package and I'm in the process of getting the ignition key light delay working. I've noticed there is another wiring connector by the key light wiring connector. The only thing I've learned thus far is that it is possibly for a headlights on buzzer. I have never heard this mentioned on a 69. I cannot find anything in my 69 Plymouth factory service manual wiring diagrams that sketches this out. Please let me know what you know about this connector and it's possibilites for service. Thanks for a wonderful forum!!!!!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
More likely that is the delay timer for the key light.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
You'll like having that in the car. Mine was missing when I first got the car but was able to find one and put it on the car. I was luck as the timer was still in the car and that light is great to have leaving the cruise-in after dark!

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I have the key light delay figured out and the relay is in place . The mystery wiring connector I'm trying to describe is grey with two wires colored green and grey.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I found the buzzer in the accessory wiring diagram. It's a "lights on" buzzer and the wiring to it is yellow and black.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I found that after you (Big John) posted where it was. I still don't have any idea what the dark green and grey wires with grey connector is for.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ykf7b0 said:
I found that after you (Big John) posted where it was. I still don't have any idea what the dark green and grey wires with grey connector is for.
Speaker wires ?

ykf7b0

Reaction score
Colors don't match up for speakers as referenced in 69 Plymouth Service Manual. The connector is down by the ignition delay light adjacent to the connector for the ignition delay light.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't see anything on my diagram in green and grey, just from memory I thought the speakers were green and black.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
It's a grey connector with 1 dark green and 1 grey wire located very near the ignition light connector by the ignition switch. It will be difficult to get a decent pic because my dash is completely assembled and in the car but I will try to get one and get it on here.

Back