• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headrest???

joewhite440

Reaction score
Do I need the Buildsheet to know if my Roadrunner had Head Rest? My Fender tag says M2X which is Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Vinyl Bench Seat, Black. The car was built March 24th 1969. Any ideas or guesses? It did not come with the original Bench seat!
Thanks in advance!!!

IMG_2297 a.jpg

moparstuart

Reaction score
all 69 built cars would have them , if you had a 69 model that was assembled in 68 then it was optional but after january 1 1969 all of them had them .

I have found that Most of the older bench seats had the hardware installed in them , so they are very easy to install head rest with just the rests and the chrome bezels and screws . If you watch you can pick up a decent set used for $100.00 - $150.00 .

jays69bird

Reaction score
Yeah the early 69's they were optional,my car was an early build,it had black door buttons,black horn,and no headrest.I had a 69 parts car with a bench that also did not have them,so I'll assume that was an early car as well.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Too be honest I wish mine had them as I like the look of the buckets with the headrest.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Stuart or anyone

Which style did they have I have seen them with the Chrome Band like 70's but not to many with the style in your instructions?
Thank you all

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine doesn't have the band, but they've been recovered.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Stuart or anyone

Which style did they have I have seen them with the Chrome Band like 70's but not to many with the style in your instructions?
Thank you all

Joe these pictures suck for this purpose but are the only ones that I have that show the headrest. I can take some specifically of the headrest later if you need it.

No chrome band for the Belvedere RR bench interior. I have attached a pic of the original seat (better view of the headrest) as well as one after it was recovered.

DSC00027[1] (Medium).JPG

DSC00114 (Medium).JPG

moparstuart

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Stuart or anyone

Thank you all
the chrome band ones are for bucket seats and 70 set up , not sure i have seen them in 69 ? Maybe GTX ? OR Coronet R/T ? but few of those had bench seats

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
egad....what slimey motel did you steal that nasty pillow from. who knows how many different DNA samples are on that thing..... :eek: :acme:

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
joewhite440 said:
Stuart or anyone

Thank you all

Joe these pictures suck for this purpose but are the only ones that I have that show the headrest. I can take some specifically of the headrest later if you need it.

No chrome band for the Belvedere RR bench interior. I have attached a pic of the original seat (better view of the headrest) as well as one after it was recovered.
Yep, these are what mine look like too. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
egad....what slimey motel did you steal that nasty pillow from. who knows how many different DNA samples are on that thing..... :eek: :acme:

I didn't steal anything. It was hiding under the horse blanket seat cover that came in the car...I can send it to you if you want...and don't worry, I won't use Canada Post this time. I learned my lesson after your hood never made it... :basketcase:

:jester:

Bambi.3 (Medium).JPG

joewhite440

Reaction score
Thank you all!
Enough information for me! Thanks for the pictures Ray. They are the same style as Stuarts!
I will watch for a set!

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

I didn't steal anything. It was hiding under the horse blanket seat cover that came in the car...I can send it to you if you want...and don't worry, I won't use Canada Post this time. I learned my lesson after your hood never made it... :basketcase:

Ray, did this hood really go missing and if so it still hasn't been found ? WTF. :huh:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The Canadian Post Scandel rocked the shipping world. Many high placed officals were toppeled from their lofty positions. But Team Green finally won out!

IMAG0021.JPG

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
V269 said:
Ray, did this hood really go missing and if so it still hasn't been found ? WTF. :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, Ken, not at all. Just a long running joke with Dave & I. When I bought my car it came with a Year One repop A12 LOH on it. I wanted an original A12 hood however. Around Christmas 3 years ago (I think???) Mark Strickland (Sparkey on here) found me a reasonably priced original A12 hood that had been hanging on a garage wall for 30 years over in Jacksonville, FL. After I bought it Dave was teasing me about my burgeoning collection of A12 hoods - he's a big fan of those hoods you know - so I jokingly told him I shipped the YO hood to him. But since he lives in TORONTO (Ohio, that is...) I told him I used the Canada Post and for him to keep an eye out for it... :basketcase: Been a ongoing gag ever since... The Canada Post hasn't let anyone down and we really aren't disparaging them - they are just part of the fabric of the joke.

BTW - I have shared this before but maybe you missed it. A couple of years ago I got a PM over on the LOH Playground from a guy in Germany. He has my car's original hood. It had been launched at least twice - someone took off with the hood pins not in place - and was a busted up, total POS according to the PO, which is why he put it on ebag and this guy in Germany ended up with it. :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
V269 said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

well at least your shipping fiasco didnt involve dead camels :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

Back