• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headrest???

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
V269 said:
Ray, did this hood really go missing and if so it still hasn't been found ? WTF. :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, Ken, not at all. Just a long running joke with Dave & I. When I bought my car it came with a Year One repop A12 LOH on it. I wanted an original A12 hood however. Around Christmas 3 years ago (I think???) Mark Strickland (Sparkey on here) found me a reasonably priced original A12 hood that had been hanging on a garage wall for 30 years over in Jacksonville, FL. After I bought it Dave was teasing me about my burgeoning collection of A12 hoods - he's a big fan of those hoods you know - so I jokingly told him I shipped the YO hood to him. But since he lives in TORONTO (Ohio, that is...) I told him I used the Canada Post and for him to keep an eye out for it... :basketcase: Been a ongoing gag ever since... The Canada Post hasn't let anyone down and we really aren't disparaging them - they are just part of the fabric of the joke.

BTW - I have shared this before but maybe you missed it. A couple of years ago I got a PM over on the LOH Playground from a guy in Germany. He has my car's original hood. It had been launched at least twice - someone took off with the hood pins not in place - and was a busted up, total POS according to the PO, which is why he put it on ebag and this guy in Germany ended up with it. :D

:jester:
Yea Ray I knew it was a long running joke but I must have missed the original part of the story. Thank's. Didn't even know there was a Toronto Ohio. :leave: And now I know the rest of the story. :lol:

Back