• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heat riser fix

moparchris

Reaction score
Wow where'd this thread go? I clicked on it to find out what BBQ sauce to use and you guys are talking taps? Weird. I must go to my safe place now, ny feelings are hurt because you guys are off topic. Wheres my binky.:lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey my neighbor's dog won't stop crapping in my yard...what should I do....

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Put up a metal fence, Then if that doesn't stop them just add some electricity! And power it from the neighbors.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
obviously you have no idea of the effects of Agent Green......

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I actually heard about this thread at a car show yesterday. I've stopped coming here because of a number of reasons... and the guys that I care about know those reasons.

I felt there's gotta be just one more time that I will step up and say WTF?

This is from a thread dated Nov 12, 2013. I stopped being an admin here in 2014.

For you n00bs... A little history first.....

I created this forum a little over 5 years ago with the help of my good friend, Mike. We had some guys that had gotten together on another forum that suddenly went dark one day. The focus has always been that the forum would be more like a bunch of guys sitting around a garage, enjoying an adult beverage, talking about cars and life. Unlike other forums, threads wandering off topic would be tolerated just like conversation between a bunch of guys will wander. The forum was designed to be simple and easy to use.

The rules were pretty simple.... Don't post anything that you wouldn't say to them face to face and don't post anything that you wouldn't want your Mom, wife or kids to see. My warnings to people that didn't want to follow those simple rules was very simple. Follow the rules or leave.

It's worked very well. I've only banned one guy that wasn't a spammer and that was only for a week. A couple guys left on their own... Oh well... I told them not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out.

Very, very simple.....

A few months ago, Joey approached me about buying this forum. It made sense and fixed the issues I was having with hosting and software.

In the discussions, I was pretty clear that I wanted to see this forum keep the same core values and would be willing to stay on as an Admin here. The software changed along with where the forum was hosted, but that's about it. The lay out has been kept and Joey is pretty "hands off" with me as how I deal with things. It's all good.

Now you have the history....

We have a very tight group here. Did you notice that members call each other by their first name?? There's a reason for that. A lot of us have gotten to know each other off this forum. I've shaken hands with a lot of the regulars here myself. Ray has met even more. The list goes on.

The forum has been here five years now.... someone can add up a lot of posts and threads in that time. The kind of post matters too.... Some stuff is nonsense or fun. We have lot's of off topic stuff like jokes, politics and what's going on in our lives. How many other car forums have a firearms section??

But... there are serious posts too. There's a lot of tech questions that get asked... Who answers them?? Well.... guys like Bob will. He comes up with pictures too! Does any question ever get the rude "do a search" answer? Not very often. Do dumb questions get ignored? Usually not... Someone always seems to have the patience to explain how it works without telling the person that they are stupid. Try that on Moparts!!

Do we bust on each other? Yep, you bet.

Let's say that a bunch of us old timers are sitting around the garage. Probably Rays garage because he has a TV and a lift. We're drinking beers and smoking Cuban cigars and telling Ray how he needs to sell the pink Camaro. A n00b wanders in and sits down. He asks a couple questions and we're nice to him... We've welcomed him into the circle and maybe offered him a beer. He says how the cigars bother him and we tell him to deal with it if he wants any questions answered. He bitches a bit more about the cigars and then says Ray's Camaro sucks. We start to just ignore him... but he keeps it up... Finally the guy gets told to take a hike. He doesn't understand why he isn't one of the guys...

Another n00b wanders in and again the beer is offered. He sits there listening and occasionally asks a question. He's polite and doesn't bitch about the cigar smoke. He thinks Ray needs to sell the pink Camaro too... but he keeps that thought to himself. It takes a while... but he's accepted into the group and before you know it he's one of the guys... Only then does he bring up the pink Camaro...

The forum is like that..... Sit back, relax and don't bitch about the cigar smoke. It will get you much farther....

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
First gentlemen I can wholly appreciate the "club" thing but...this forum has grown exponentially in a short amount of time. So is it still your small groups website (forum) or is it now for all us that have chosen to chime in?

No, actually this forum is quite a bit smaller now.

quikbird

Reaction score
john, nice to hear from you again. the history report was great as I was not here in the beginning. and I still love your bacon picture!!!!

Back