• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello All

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member to this site. Long time member over at Moparts, same screen name. Bigdaddy440 told me about this site and how it can help put everything back together correctly. I am putting back together my 69 RR, which I have owned since 1988. It has been off the road for about 15 years and finally getting to it. Here is a current pic:

100_4975.jpg

100_4975.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest Mark!! :cheers: It looks like you've got a lot done on your project. :thumbsup: I noticed a roll bar, I take it the car was raced, or will be? This is indeed a great place to get the help you're looking for. There a lot of knowledgeable guys here willing to help, and there is also a reference section. We do like to have fun here, so come back often to ask your questions, and join in on the fun!!! :beep:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!!

Caged, tubbed, and tubular UCAs...NICE! :thumbsup:

Looks like '70 buckets...?

Looking forward to more pics and the stories that go with them...

:jester:
ACME

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, the car has been back halved, narrowed dana with 4 link. 456 gears. I put on Dr. Diff rear disc brake kit. Right now those are the "small" tires on the back just to get to roll it around. Front has adjustable UCAs, 1" torsion bars, ARengineering viper brake setup on 11.75 rotors, 11/16" alum tire rod sleeves, adjustable strut bars, and more old tires. Will be all manual brakes. I am not sure what year those bucket seats are as those were in it when I bought it. Cool to know that they are now :) I am thinking of changing out the seats to better "race" seat that has cutouts for the shoulder harnesses. I had a cage welded in but was too much of a pain in the rear getting in and out, no too mention the forward bars interfered with everything, so I removed them. It wouldn't have been a legal setup anymore anyway (outdated, no bars to the front in the engine compartment) so it didn't bother me to remove them.
The engine is a stroker, RB, should be about 526 cubes, indy alum heads. Looking into the new mod man intake for some sort of six pack, either carb or EFI, but I want to use an air grabber setup from a 70. I am curious what it would look like with the 70 style hood on it. Plan on running E85-E100.

Next stage is to figure out what seats I will use then paint the interior and start putting that stuff back in.

The history of the car is that at one time it was a drag car then a show car. It used to have "Magic Mopar" painted on the doors with an airbrushed scene of the coyote getting left in the dust on the trunk, which said "catch me if you can" above it. Here is a couple more pics:

100_4755.jpg
100_4749.jpg

100_4755.jpg

100_4749.jpg

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Mark. Looks like a serious piece of machinery you have there! Can't wait to see it as it progresses toward completion. :thumbsup:

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from southern Indiana. It looks like you are well on your way, and you know what direction you want to go with your project. Keep us posted. If no one has told you yet, we LOVE pictures here.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunninMark said:
I am not sure what year those bucket seats are as those were in it when I bought it. Cool to know that they are now :) I am thinking of changing out the seats to better "race" seat that has cutouts for the shoulder harnesses.

Mark, they're actually '70 Duster buckets to be specific...over the years I've had more Dusters than I could shake a stick at and currently have a trio of '70 Dusters (and a lone '74) in the garage so it's pretty accurate to say that I'm a "Duster Guy" and spotted those immediately... :D

If they are not part of your long term plans then let me chime in and state that I'd be interested in buying them...
depending on your location, logistics, etc...

Car sound like it will be a blast! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ray

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
More thanks to all. Ray, I will keep you in mind if I do go with the different seats, that will help recoup the cost of the others.

Here is a few more shots for you guys:

100_4742.jpg
100_4741.jpg
100_4974.jpg

100_4742.jpg

100_4741.jpg

100_4974.jpg

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
And yes, that is a clutch flite sitting all ready to go in on the side there!! :cool:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunninMark said:
And yes, that is a clutch flite sitting all ready to go in on the side there!! :cool:
I was about to ask about that. Way cool :thumbsup:

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunninMark said:
I am not sure what year those bucket seats are as those were in it when I bought it. Cool to know that they are now :) I am thinking of changing out the seats to better "race" seat that has cutouts for the shoulder harnesses.

Mark, they're actually '70 Duster buckets to be specific...over the years I've had more Dusters than I could shake a stick at and currently have a trio of '70 Dusters (and a lone '74) in the garage so it's pretty accurate to say that I'm a "Duster Guy" and spotted those immediately... :D

If they are not part of your long term plans then let me chime in and state that I'd be interested in buying them...
depending on your location, logistics, etc...

Car sound like it will be a blast! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ray

Well...now you have meet our hoarder. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I like your jack stands. Sturdy industrial (pail) units. We made about 10,000 of those today.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Hi, I didn't do the major work, basically I am the disassembler and assembler. Any part that now goes on I refinish and paint, then install. I will have a shop do the bodywork and paint but I will restore and assemble everything else. The motor wont build myself but will install. I did assemble the suspensions as well. Here are some before shots:

car_0001.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg

car_0001.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Yeah I like those jack stands, sometimes you need some extra hands

Back