• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Kansas City!

es1758

Reaction score
Welcome Im from KC as well. Is there a local mopar club around?

moparstuart

Reaction score
es1758 said:
Welcome Im from KC as well. Is there a local mopar club around?
where at in kc are you from ?? our big mopar show is in olathe at bass pro shops this year , its the second week end in june

we are very active club and have several events a month to goto in the summer , if you like to goto shows and cruises i can put u on my email list and you hit at least one or two every week !!!

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Well......I'll just say a friend of a cousin of an in-law twice removed wants to remain anonymous. :wink

Another pic around here somewhere...........

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Is that pic of a local car? I wonder what the story is behind that?

Road Runner in the mist?

Way back around 1980 this was somebody's daily driver that gave up. As a 13-14 year old, I remember when this car was still on the street a couple of towns over. I think they lived on a gravel road, as the lower quarters, trunk extensions, and rearmost frame rails are fairly beat up/rusted through sadly.

For reasons unknown, it ended up at a salvage yard, tired but complete. One of the mopar nuts in the area scored the hood, air cleaner, carb, and intake off the motor immediately from the salvage yard. But, the engine bay never got covered up. Thus, the car sat for, like 20 years with rain and snow going down the motor. The engine/trans/rear appear original, but unable to check the numbers.

More later...................

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Having made further contact ........with my source..........er, uh.............informant............I find out these pictures are several years old, taken in the late spring/early summer judging by the foliage.

The story goes a crusher was coming to the salvage yard, and a last minute deal was struck saving the '69 Road Runner from becoming a Datsun sheet metal donor.

Unfortunately, a 68 GTX that was thought to be in the deal (complete, but with a 318 in place of the 440, and scraped badly from nose to tail down the passenger side) was objected to by a relative of the junkyard's owner, and tearfully met its end in the crusher. A dark blue specimen, with blue interior, must have been a stunner when it was new.

Getting late.........here's another highly classified jungle pic of the Road Runner.......more story to come.............

DrivSideRearFullViewInFieldRevised.jpg

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
The informant made official contact.............more details about the history of this junkyard bird.

It seems after being rescued from the junkyard, it was still setting in a field. Thieves stole the driver's side door, meaning for a good 15 years snow and rain found its way into the interior. Part of the grill, door panels, radio, and a couple of emblems also disappeared. Guess they wanted in the trunk, so the back seat bottom and top was found alongside the car in the weather, so much for a broadcast sheet.

If he could read his notes from the fender tag correctly, this Road Runner was originally T5, with a H2T T7 interior?? Thought another code was V7X? It is a column shift automatic car.

MOPARHOUND!

Reaction score
Stunning, the fate these cars meet. While trying to figure out what the fender tag codes meant, found this youtube video of the near twin to this junkyard Road Runner. They were built one day apart on the St. Louis assembly line.

T5 Bronze Fire Metallic, H2T T7 interior, black accent stripe, hood mounted turn signals, and column shift automatic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK8MnlXMfHI

Back