• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from MS!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice shot of the clock. I've got the blank too. I've had two '69s with the factory tach, and neither worked. How did you mount the radio in the glovebox?(got a pic? :D ) Was thinking about doing that myself. I got a rare factory Dodge radio from roadcuda for the dash, but wanted at least a cd player for some tunes.

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Sure thing basketcase! Here are some pics

Sorry about the wires but im in the process of adding that front speaker so I have to redo the wiring, but you can see that I have a custom box that the radio casing slides into. I had to cut the back out of the glovebox for room. You can this this from the second picture.

EB0E415A-BA3C-4302-80AF-69AB2355773D-8801-000009E383AB4E7D.jpg
949E5DAF-223C-4141-BD76-C278DF345969-8801-000009E381D88E5A.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pretty slick! my only trouble would be the crap I keep in the glovebox.

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
LOL yea I keep my original car book and a few fuses in the glove box. I added a radio that had iphone/ipod integration so I have a few cables as well. But they all fit and love it!

Blesssit247

Reaction score
welcome even though i joined after you. i was wondering if you could describe how you built the custom box for the radio in the glovebox? and any tips you might have picked up doing it. i just replaced my radio with an aftermarket one. and i dont like how it looks rather have the factory one in for looks. and does anyone know where the ignition/accessory wire should be ran to? right now i just used a fork terminal n wedged it inbetween a fuse probly not the best idea im thinking. thanks

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Blesssit247 said:
right now i just used a fork terminal n wedged it inbetween a fuse probly not the best idea im thinking. thanks

a little high tech...I used to just cram the wire in under the fuse.... :lol:

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
LOL you guys are a riot on this site :) Sure I can give details on the hide away radio. I don't have the dimensions but the back of the glove box is trimmed out. The box is made of wood and covered with a fabric. The hole is cut to the size of the radio brace. The brace fits and pries into the wood to hold in place. Once that is done I ran the wires and spliced into the speakers. I have the power wire running to the fuse box. Once all the wires and antenna are plugged in I pushed the radio in the whole way. It's a close fit but it works out great!

I just purchased a front speaker and it comes tomorrow. I ordered an antenna split-er so I can run it to my hide away and factory radio. Then I will run the speaker wires from both. I know to only run one radio at a time, but figured it would be great to be able to use the factory radio at shows :) can't wait to get my car back together and take a cruise! I also installed a sunpro tach on the column so can wait to see how that works!

Over and out till next time!

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
*** UPDATE ***

So I got back in town and my new speakers arrived with all the cables I needed. I spent the day modifying the speakers to fit around the heat control unit. I have both factory and aftermarket radio's connected and working. I ran all the wires for the new tach and it works! Also the factory clock is working like a champ in my gauge cluster area!!! So I would say it was a success! Now just waiting for a good day to take it for a drive!

Josh

Reaction score
Hi Dan. Nice Car.
How hard was it to fit the clock with the radio removed?
Mine has a dead clock that I want to replace with a Tacho.

dmartin

Reaction score
Welcome from the peach state with the wave sorry for being late, nice car man like that butterscotch color and black

Josh

Reaction score
Dan hasn't logged on here for about a year
Thanks. From the photo he put up, it looks like once the radio is out there should be enough room to see and get my mitt up under the dash.
From another photo I have seen it looks like there are 2 Philips head screws holding it in.
Will try and have a look this weekend.
Great site.

Back