• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, I'm Dave and I'm a moparholic

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
don't be shy...we love projects. this was my last car. and the current one is a 20 footer, but I'm planning on painting it F8 so it's a 90 footer that can only be driven at night...

There. Fixed it for ya Brother Basketcase... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
tell ya what Brother Frenchy....you get my 1/4s on, and a fresh coat of F8 for me, and I'll only drive it when I'm on midnights. Untill then, I have a feeling it's gonna be looking like this by the end of fall, except for Cragars.

Ray\'s Bambi.JPG

7320912-catfightbg.gif

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and that B5 offer is still on the table....... :grouphug:

Dave1

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Dave1 said:
Basketcase said:
welcome form Ohio Dave. This site ahas a 20 pic(per car) minimum :jester:
where are you from?

Ahh, crap,,,,,,, Minnesota, guess I have to edit my profile for it to show up.

I'll see if'n I have some pics of the ol-Bird and her companions although, the 68 isn't much to look at, it's all in pieces.

Taken her and wifey to the drive in movies friday night. The fire dept in the town I grew up in has a fund raiser every year in the form of an old time type drive in. It's a great time, lot of fun

Thanks for the warm welcome :beep:

Dave

What town did you grow up in, and where are you now? The only drive-in left around here is Vali-Hi
in the Lake Elmo area. I've been there a few times the last few years. I think there are still a few drive-ins left in the smaller cities but, in the metro, Vali-Hi is it.........

Jim,
Grew up in Cologne, just a bit west of Chaska on hwy 212, Live in Hamburg now for the last 25 years. The Cologne fire dept put up a giant screen in a park and for the last 4 yrs has had a drive in movie as a fund raiser for the dept, it is a great time. As a youngster we always went to the Flying Cloud drive in, it was a shame when they turned it into a garbage dump :facepalm:
Dave

Dave1

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the ol bird, Henderson cruise in, main street, they have it every Tuesday night in the summer. Also some pics of the dirve in, good turnout this year.
Dave

PICT0215.JPG

PICT0213.JPG

PICT0214.JPG

Dave1

Reaction score
Thanks roadcuda, say, is your machine there F8 green? My fender tag calls for F8 but as far as we can tell mine has been Vitamin C orange since 1975 ish.
Dave

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Steve's is F5. Mine is supposed to be F8, but it was yellow when I got it. Here's F8.

69_5%20Roadrunner%20%204406bbl%20%20A12%20Ivy%20Green.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Steve's is F5. Mine is supposed to be F8, but it was yellow when I got it. Here's F8.
As Dave said, my car is F5 but is not the correct shade. I've been told that whoever painted the car put too much flake in it so it's a bit darker then it should be. Luckily, they only painted the outside and left the original paint in the trunk area. So if I were to ever have the money to repaint it I've got a good source of original paint to match.

Dave1

Reaction score
It's all good, hard to justify a repaint because it has to much flake in it. Thinking about changing mine to dog dish caps and 15 in. steelies, always liked the look. The rally wheels on mine are in tough shape. One rim has the holes wallowed out a bit, suspect the rim came loose at one point in it's life.
Dave

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Dave1 said:
It's all good, hard to justify a repaint because it has to much flake in it. Thinking about changing mine to dog dish caps and 15 in. steelies, always liked the look. The rally wheels on mine are in tough shape. One rim has the holes wallowed out a bit, suspect the rim came loose at one point in it's life.
Dave
My car came with rallys and radial tires. I never really like the look of the car with the radials on it was thinking of changing the tires. At that time I didn't know that rallys weren't available on 69s and since I wanted the original look on the car I was able to find a set of 5 date coded steelies for the car, and at a good price, so I picked them up, went out and got the
F70x14 polys, and found a good set of dog dishes in the flea bag and got it all switched over. I was very happy with the results. I also got lucky and sold the rallys the same day I pucked the steelies! So that worked out real well. My day one look!Copyof87_2.jpg

Dave1

Reaction score
Yeah, that style rally came out in 70, you got steelies with caps, no caps as in the 69 1/2 or magnum rims. Looks good with the dog dishes though. Do they say PLYMOUTH on them? I have a nice set of stainless ones off a 70 Plymouth, just curious as to what a 69 dog dish looks like. I should just look int he book and find out but I like pictures.
Dave

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Dave1 said:
Yeah, that style rally came out in 70, you got steelies with caps, no caps as in the 69 1/2 or magnum rims. Looks good with the dog dishes though. Do they say PLYMOUTH on them? I have a nice set of stainless ones off a 70 Plymouth, just curious as to what a 69 dog dish looks like. I should just look int he book and find out but I like pictures.
Dave
Mine say Plymouth Division. This is one of my spares. I painted the letters black on the caps that are on the car. I'm not sure if that is correct but I've seen it on some cars, but not all. I like the look of the letters painted so I did that to mine.

001.JPG

Dave1

Reaction score
Looks the same as the 70's I have. I'll have to find some steelies I guess.
Dave

Back