• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
WAS AT ENGINE BUILDERS TODAY......HEADS ALL BUTTONED UP ON HEMI ROCKERS AND ALL.....WAITING ON SMITH BROTHERS PUSH RODS....MAYBE SATURDAY/MONDAY....TOLD ME TO BRING OVER DISTRIB/VALVE COVER/INTAKE/WATER PUMP/ETC......NEW PUSHRODS WILL BE .145 WALL THICKNESS INSTEAD OF .120.....ENGINE DYNO SOON.....GEEZ....CANT WAIT:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Great George, it will be interesting to see what the dyno numbers are with the new induction.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
yes it will be interesting to see the numbers..i have a hot rod buddy who has a trusted engine builder he uses and he really wanted a sheetmetal tunnelram with 2 dominators.....the builder says to him.....you see all those sheetmetal tunnelrams hanging on my wall.....well thats all there good for.....you will run as good or better with a single dominator.
.my biggest deal will be getting the valves adjusted after its hot to see the numbers when its cold so i can adjust them in the car

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's good news George! Hope you get the numbers you're lookin' for.

I think he will. Why they put dual quads on a street hemi other than a wow factor is beyond me. But then again there wasn't a 1250 cfm carb out at the time. Never mind :lol:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
twin carbs are the cool factor but can be a pain in the ass at times.....if you have dual distributors and 16 spark plugs you could probably burn up all that gas otherwise its way too much....plus washing down the cylinder walls with gas

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
sounds like fun

congrats George68hemi, is this for the 68 RR ?, can you update me on details of the build ??, I missed something maybe, what cam & valve-train, compression, stroke ??, head work, intake {still running the tunnel ram?}, what carbs/what brand/what style ??, what ignition & control box ?? {or is it stock 100% OEM restoration types tuff ??} etc., I'm just morbidly curious, I know you must already know this... I'm not trying to be condescending or an a--hole, please don't take it that way... But you know the carbs can be tuned, leaned out, your elevation has allot to do with the raw fuel dump & tuning {maybe different style carbs}, maybe put a hotter ignition box & coil etc., ultra-low ohm resistance wires, so it burns all the fuel that goes in the combustion chamber, so you don't wash the cylinders down with raw fuel...LOL... sorry I had to say that... I'm pretty sure you already knew all that anyway... GOOD LUCK, I hope all goes well... oh yea Dyno #'s too :beep:

Last edited:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
ok....572 Keith Black aluminum street block with no provisions for motor mounts-because of dual line milodon oiling system/4.50 bore/4.50 stroke/balance knife edged scat crank 4340 non twist forged/oliver bullet steel race rods 7.100[4340]/diamond pistons/11.5 to 1 compression[ pump gas motor]/bullit solid roller cam[dont have cam card in front of me]....around 312 duration /692intake/682 exhaust lift/isky ezroll max solid roller bushing lifters/smith brothers 1.45 wall push rods/milodon gear drive/milodon 9 qt oil pan with steering link hole thru it & dual line swing gate pick-up/milodon windage tray/milodon high volume oil pump/ati super damper/mechanical mopar perfomance water pump/stage v big valve aluminum heads-custom 2.40 titanium intake valves-1.90 stainless exhaust valves-comp port & polished by tim banning[forhemisonly][heads flowed intake @ 28 " ....750 lift ..[485]...exhaust @ 28" ...750 lift ..[277]/stage v roller 1.6 rockers and billet aluminum stands/comp cams 944 pacoloy double valve springs1.575/205-760 lbs/1.550 spring seat cups/1.5-1.550 titanium retainers/11/32 super locks/10 degree lock/locking caps/.309 locking lash caps open[ray barton dominator 9 1/4 high single plane intake/super sucker poly 1 inch spacer/12.50 pro-systems dominator/msd pro-bullit distributor/msd 6al plus 2 box/ msd blaster hvc 11 coil/taylor 10 mm custom spark plug wires/TTI 2 1/4 x 4 inch collector polished ceramic coated in and out/3/8 aluminum motor front plate/ptc 3500 stall 9 inch convertor/727 reverse manual race trans-all heavy duty a with gear vendor overdrive/dana 60 rear with 373 gears...had 4.30 but was too much for street/20 gallon fuel cell in trunk with mallory 250 gph fuel pump/mallory spin on filter running 10an to 2 port mallory fuel pressure regulator then 8 an to carb/8 point cage ..3900 lb roadrunner....ran before in 2010 ...10.37/128.82mph

[video=youtube;SPfOmFmmLo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPfOmFmmLo8[/video]

Last edited:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
got a call last night....went over today to drop off front motor plate with coil attached to it/water pump/plug wires/fuel lines/fuel pressure regulator....gave him a hand marking intake for match up of gaskets.....said should be ready this weekend and has to make a appointment with his son for the dyno.......i am excited

gunnar

Reaction score
That's one big can of whoopass!!!!!!

Back