• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Bob, look what I found today!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I saw this at a Mopar show in New Hampshire today. I spoke a bit with the owner who said that it was recently finished and this was the first show he's brought it to. Since this show was sponcered by the MIM club I'm in I offered to help park cars and didn't get to find out any more about the car. But it is as good as it looks in the pics!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Also at this show was this Duster which I think is a '72. What's different is what feeds this 225 /6. It has an intake from Australia that has two, single bbl carbs to feed it with, and the owner claims that this is the only one like it currently in the states. He also said that this /6 puts out almost 300 hp. If that's true, and he took all the 225 stuff off the car, he'd have one hell of a good sleeper there!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics Steve. The RR has the same M2B interior as Bambi...which likely means somebody upgraded the steering wheel...should have the bottom-feeder wheel like mine...his car...he can do what he wants...

Duster is a '72. Side markers give it away. If you had taken a photo of the taillights they would be long, slender, and siamesed - thus differentiating them from the earlier '70 - '71 versions. Can't say anything nice about the chebbie underhood treatment so I'll take Mom's advice and just :leave:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice pics Steve. The RR has the same M2B interior as Bambi...which likely means somebody upgraded the steering wheel...should have the bottom-feeder wheel like mine...his car...he can do what he wants...

Duster is a '72. Side markers give it away. If you had taken a photo of the taillights they would be long, slender, and siamesed - thus differentiating them from the earlier '70 - '71 versions. Can't say anything nice about the chebbie underhood treatment so I'll take Mom's advice and just :leave:

Yeah, Ray, it had those long taillights. For some reason I always get confused on those '71-'73 Duster years.
'74s are easier because I had one! I also watched some of the drag racing there today. It was interesting because of the slick conditions, which took 3 victims, but no one was hurt. There were some cars that could not hook up, or hazed the hides down most of the track, while others did hook and were gone! They ran several different Mopar classes, and also had test and tune runs with a lot of brand x stuff. I was a bit surprizesd at two cars in particular. A 2010 Camaro ran and posted a 13+sec at just over 103 mph. Several runs later an SRT 8 Jeep came up and ran 12+sec, at 108mph. :huh: The chebbie didn't run again but that Jeep ran several more times with similar results. Who'd a thunk that a big boxy Jeep could run quicker then a new Camaro.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Beautiful hemi car, and I really like that Duster. I am always facinated with slant six hop-ups.
Locally, I was at a show with racing and this guy had this crazy-fast Plymouth Cricket with a slant six.
It was part of that Slant Six Racing crew.

Thanks for the pics and the stories!!!
It's around this time I start getting bummed about car show season being over.....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
It's around this time I start getting bummed about car show season being over.....

Funny how things are so regional...and dependant upon the weather... Car show season is just now starting here. I'm headed to one in just a few minutes down in Clearwater... Next weekend is MoPars with Big Daddy, and there's something (Zephyrhills, Moultrie, Daytona, etc...) every following weekend. Just yesterday I was on the phone with one of my buddies up in Georgia and he asked if I had made any progress on the Malibu. Told him that nothing noteworthy had been completed recently and he responded with "yeah, and between the car shows and the holidays you probably won't get anything done until January..."

I'll try to remember to take some pictures...

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
For some reason I always get confused on those '71-'73 Duster years.
'74s are easier because I had one!

Ray the Duster Guy's Tail Light Spotting guide:

'70 - '71; Two narrow tail lights separated by the tail light panel.
"72: Similar to the earlier models but longer and no separation by the tail panel.
'73-74: '73's look exactly the same as your old '74. '74's have the wider rear bumper and plastic filler strip to allow for the shock absorber function.
'75 - '76; similar to the '73/'74 but most seem to have had a polished tail panel trim piece. They may all have for all I know. Never cared for them and despite owning 30+ A-Bodies (mostly Dusters) over the years I never owned one.

Next week we'll cover SBP years and applications... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thanks Steve nice car :thumbsup: I still need to get an A-body, a Dart or Duster would work :banana:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

Funny how things are so regional...and dependant upon the weather... Car show season is just now starting here. I'm headed to one in just a few minutes down in Clearwater... Next weekend is MoPars with Big Daddy, and there's something (Zephyrhills, Moultrie, Daytona, etc...) every following weekend. Just yesterday I was on the phone with one of my buddies up in Georgia and he asked if I had made any progress on the Malibu. Told him that nothing noteworthy had been completed recently and he responded with "yeah, and between the car shows and the holidays you probably won't get anything done until January..."

I'll try to remember to take some pictures...

Don't forget about Moparty at Orlando Dodge on Sat. the 14th :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
You're welcome guys! It's always fun to show off the many beautiful Mopars we have in the Northeast! :thumbsup:

glhcarl

Reaction score
I love the Hemi cars taxi cab interior. However, I don't think the woodgrain steering wheel original.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
glhcarl said:
I love the Hemi cars taxi cab interior. However, I don't think the woodgrain steering wheel original.
Hey Carl! Where ya been? Don't see you around to much these days! Some of you seem to think that the steering wheel isn't correct for this car. Why wouldn't it? Or is it that it only be had with a certain package?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
glhcarl said:
Hey Carl! Where ya been? Don't see you around to much these days! Some of you seem to think that the steering wheel isn't correct for this car. Why wouldn't it? Or is it that it only be had with a certain package?

Because that interior (M2B) is the bottom-feeder Belvedere interior and with it came the bottom-feeder steering wheel. Simple.

Should also have blue arm rest bezels instead of the chrome. He left the correct painted stainless trim above the door panel, but changed the bezels.

Like I said, this is the EXACT same interior as what is in Bambi - except that he has a radio... :D

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
glhcarl said:

Because that interior (M2B) is the bottom-feeder Belvedere interior and with it came the bottom-feeder steering wheel. Simple.

Should also have blue arm rest bezels instead of the chrome. He left the correct painted stainless trim above the door panel, but changed the bezels.

Like I said, this is the EXACT same interior as what is in Bambi - except that he has a radio... :D
Thanks Ray. And that radio also has the 8-track player!

Jim S.

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
glhcarl said:

Blue bezels, trim, and door handle. Never seen it in person but, I like that look. Does that mean the window cranks are painted blue also? Can't tell from the pic....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Blue bezels, trim, and door handle. Never seen it in person but, I like that look. Does that mean the window cranks are painted blue also? Can't tell from the pic....

No, the window cranks are chrome. Those are all the same regardless of interior. There is no photo of the back seat so we can't tell - but there should not be any arm rests back there with this interior. The are rather stark...just the way I like 'em... :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny that we're talking about this steering wheel - as I saw one at the car show yesterday...IN A RED '69 GTX... :huh:

Not sure what kind of look or theme the owner of that car was going for...but it was an odd car... The RR wheel was just the tip of the ice berg... chromed '70 six barrel set-up and a non-N96 hood... chromed GTX tail light bezels with no texture or paint... 440 "MAGNUM SIX PACK" decals... It was all over the place...

ACME

Back