• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey newbie here

stripe74au

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
welcome from Ohio. Beautiful runner! don't trash those old wiper piviots. Hit'm with some PB Blaster. And love to see pics of your other cars, especially the '68 Charger R/T. I had one for almost 20 years.

yeah thanks mate. will post some pics when i get the chance. i soaked the old pivot arms in diesel for a week and nothing, seized solid. even drilled a hole and hit with cricket-piss (WD-40) and still nothing. ended up getting a reconditioned set off ebay; there is a guy on there, parts hound, who has some really neat restored and cleaned up parts at reasonable prices.

stripe74au

Reaction score
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 383 auto
numbers matching
true FC7 car
this is actually my wifes car. her roller derby name is Sugar Plum Crazy - hence the number plates

IMG_5146.JPG

IMG_5143.JPG

IMG_5145.JPG

stripe74au

Reaction score
and the Charger. true R/T car. these pics are from PA where i purchased it.
it now has Hotchkis suspension, firm feel stage 2 steering box, and soon engine mods

mychargerfront.jpg

mychargerrear.jpg

V269

Reaction score
Man, those are sweet cars. :worship: I am really diggin that Challenger of your wife's. That is my next car. :banana: She is very lucky. :yesnod: And welcome from Ontario, Canada. :thumbsup:

stripe74au

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
I love that white Charger!!!

Yeah thanks mate. In the process of upgrading the suspension on it. Previously I installed the hotchkis TVS and firm feel steering box. Today I put in Bilstein shocks and changed the hotckis steering rod arms over for firm feel ones. Still to change the hotchkis upper control arms for firm feel ones and put in subframe connectors. The hotckis stuff works well but generates a lot of clunking noise in the front end so I am replacing whatever has the helm joint system until it goes away. Changing the steering rod arms today made a difference but the control arms need to go.

In saying that I will have some near new Hotchkis steering rod arms and upper control arms up for sale very soon if anyone wants them.

Back