• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi Res photos needed for a book (cars must be stock appearing)

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Hey fellow members. I'm working on a book on the 1969 Plymouth Road Runner. It's part of a new series here at CarTech where we will feature individual models.

I'm currently looking for Hi Res imagery of ALL factory colors offered on the 1969 Road Runner. You must be the photographer of the car(s) as I will need you to sign a permission form for usage.

I would prefer an assortment of photos, nothing from car shows though, and hoods down on all shots except features of the trunk, interior or engine bay. If possible, I would like full shots from both sides of the car. These cars MUST BE STOCK appearing. If it's bored .30 or has 4.56 gears it won't matter as that won't be photographed. The book is called, "1969 Plymouth Road Runner: In Detail". I will thoroughly examine options, marketing, advertising and the general history of the 1969 Road Runner in this book. It will be 92 pages all dedicated to our favorite bird. You will be credited in the book as the photographer so please do the best job you can in shooting your car.

Once I start accumulating imagery I will begin to post on what colors are still needed for the book. If you have a 999 car with valid documentation showing that it's some other color other than Bahama Yellow, Orange or Rallye Green I would love to see it!

Being an "in house" guy I'm not going to be able to compensate for photography. Hell, it's pretty damn cool to see your car or photo in a book, right!?!?!

Please email me photos at wes.eisenschenk@gmail.com

A12

Reaction score
Are you going to include '69 A12 optioned road runners?.......................uh and wouldn't the correct spelling be lower case road runner? :topsy_turvy:

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Of course the A12 cars will be in the book. Lower case appeared on the cars, but not in the advertisements. The general rule of thumb is you follow how the manufacturers advertised to the public. It's the same for 'cuda and 'Cuda.

35cihhj.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so then these probably won't work for you then.....:D

freak2.jpg

69rr.jpg

69ply67099-2.jpg

A12

Reaction score
Of course the A12 cars will be in the book. Lower case appeared on the cars, but not in the advertisements. The general rule of thumb is you follow how the manufacturers advertised to the public. It's the same for 'cuda and 'Cuda.

35cihhj.jpg

You need to head over here, http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl I'm sure there are lots of high resolution photos of day one A12 Road Runners :biggrin: available from the members. But watch out someone may try to slip in an A12 Super Bee or two :biggrin-new:

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
I'm still looking for cars restored back to stock in the following colors. I've received many of photos of these cars below already, but for publication in a book we need photos 1MB or greater. Thanks.

B3 Ice Blue
B7 Jamaica Blue
F3 Frost Green
F5 Limelight
F8 Ivy Green
L1 Sandpebble Beige
R4 Rallye Red
R6 Scorch Red
T5 Bronze Fire
T7 Saddle Bronze
Y2 Sunfire Yellow
Y4 Spanish Gold
999 Bahama Yellow
999 Omaha Orange

dstryr

Reaction score
Here are a few of my T7 RR, driver side is original paint, pass. side was repainted in 2007. Can't tell you why the colors appear so different, angle of the sun I suppose, the driver side pic was spring of '07, pass side shot 09-21-2008.

The original pics are approx 1.67mb. Let me know if you'd me to send the full size files to your email address.

100_3029.jpg

100_3026.jpg

100_4741.jpg

100_4740.1.jpg

Last edited:

chapdog105

Reaction score
I'm still looking for cars restored back to stock in the following colors. I've received many of photos of these cars below already, but for publication in a book we need photos 1MB or greater. Thanks.

B3 Ice Blue
B7 Jamaica Blue
F3 Frost Green
F5 Limelight
F8 Ivy Green
L1 Sandpebble Beige
R4 Rallye Red
R6 Scorch Red
T5 Bronze Fire
T7 Saddle Bronze
Y2 Sunfire Yellow
Y4 Spanish Gold
999 Bahama Yellow
999 Omaha Orange

I believe that R4 was officially called Barracuda Orange.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?model=Plymouth&year=1969&con=oy

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Applied to Road Runner's though it was called Performance Red. It looks like I had a typo on the list.

311l8k2.jpg

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a Y3 Yellow Gold Road Runner in person before?

Collin

Reaction score
I have an extremely stock looking T7 Road Runner if you are still interested

Back