• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley or Edelbrock ??

quikbird

Reaction score
the new ethanol blends do run a little hotter. the guy who works on my lawn mower says the new ethanol gas just burns up the engines and the cheap stuff is the worst for them so gas formulas are definitely a factor. as for carbs I run a demon 850 from before the bankruptcy. don't know if the new ones would act the same.

snook

Reaction score
I'm swapping my eddy 750 for a 800 AVS (440). I rarely use Holley's for anything anymore, leaks were always happening.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
leaks were one thing I always heard about. my current car came to me with a Holley, and I've had it since '07, and no leaks yet.

Ranger

Reaction score
do you mean it runs on or diesels or the fuel is actually boiling?

P.S.
It has started dieseling when I shut it down lately. Idle is 700 -800 RPM.

Just ran across this thread while searching carbs (trying to decide if a 750 is too much for my 383).

Never reported back, but I solved the dieseling problem. It was so bad that I had to shut down while letting the clutch out in 1st to stall it. I simply put a vacuum line on the vacuum port on the carb, ran it up to about 2000 RPM and stuck the vacuum line in a glass of water (the old water ingestion trick). Sucked down the glass and that was the end of that. No more dieseling. She shuts down at the turn of the key. :banana:

Last edited:
Back