• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn.......

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
OK lets look for some date codes on our horns, Id like to know
I can't find a date code. It has the word "Cranton" and "made in USA" on it. Can't make out the other numbers. It is a long bracket with a 22" original radiator.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
69hemibeep said:
OK lets look for some date codes on our horns, Id like to know
I can't find a date code. It has the word "Cranton" and "made in USA" on it. Can't make out the other numbers. It is a long bracket with a 22" original radiator.
Looks like long it is. I found an 388 stamped on mine

moparchris

Reaction score
I dont have any good pics. I remember my car having a short bracket. Here is a pic and it has the original horn and bracket still. 22 inch radiator.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Alright it does say Sparton, not "cranton" under that are the numbers 671 and
also stamped on it is "nobel sa" I think. Not exactly a horn expert here.

O.K. looked at it again. I think the "sa" is 5a whichs makes more sense. Other than that, it has to go to a forensic lab......

John69RR

Reaction score
I looked at mine and it does have SA next to model. It is also a Sparton with 033 under the name. I bought this one from YO back around 1990 and it has the short bracket. The bracket was totally wrong for the car. The bracket was threaded which it should not be since the horn bolted to the radiator support.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
my 69 horn works great in my 68 :lmao:

There's another one! 68 horns have the long bracket, but are black!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've looked at this thread since you guys started this 2 weeks ago. Now I'm gonna have to take a closer look at my horn and see what kind of markings I can find on it. It's got to be original - no one would bother to try to put that much artificial patina on a horn... :lol:

I've always heard and or been told long bracket on a '69. But we all know about "hard and fast rules" for Ma MoPar... :D

BTW - Great horn, Bob. Please bring that along with you to the Dana Point Show. I'd like to get a pic of Chris blowing on that thing... :lmao:

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Mine looks original but it is short. I have no way of knowing if it is original. As long as it has the voice of the road runner I really don't care........... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
This is the first time I've looked at this thread since you guys started this 2 weeks ago. Now I'm gonna have to take a closer look at my horn and see what kind of markings I can find on it. It's got to be original - no one would bother to try to put that much artificial patina on a horn... :lol:

I've always heard and or been told long bracket on a '69. But we all know about "hard and fast rules" for Ma MoPar... :D

BTW - Great horn, Bob. Please bring that along with you to the Dana Point Show. I'd like to get a pic of Chris blowing on that thing... :lmao:

WTF?! Your starting to scare me..... :leave:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
WTF?! Your starting to scare me..... :leave:

[youtube:22x1iq58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFaO0ALa0Hc[/youtube:22x1iq58]

Payback for all of the Miata pics... :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Chris, he's scaring me to :yesnod: And now I hear George's is big and black :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
this horn is now in the birdible but , as far as i know its the original from my 69 I bought the car in 84 and this was the horn in the car at the time .

sparton lettering long bracket

Back