• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hotrod98's B5 runner

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that's a sweet looking runner(even if it is Blue....JK!!!!!! :lmao: ):cheers:

I see the snowball wars are about to heat up again... :jester:

Welcome aboard! Beautiful RR & nice stable of MoPar toys. Look forward to seeing more pics.

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
E-body cuda, 340, 4-speed, red, you just said the magic words. (insert drool smilie here!) That's one car that's at the top of my wish list. :banana:

hotrod98

Reaction score
A red 71 cuda was always my favorite Mopar. I was having trouble locating a decent real cuda that I could afford, so when the opportunity came up to buy a solid 71 Gran Coupe, I decided to build the car like I would have ordered it new in 71. Of course after building it and driving it for a year or so, a real one came up so I bought it and will build it later on. My son and my brother get to fight over the red one when the tor-red one is finished..

hotrod98

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the runner sitting in the shed where I found it. We fired it up and drove it home. The pic where we're washing it was taken on the day that we brought it home.
I alos bought the 69 Charger and the 69 Superbeee. We drove the bee home as well. but the brakes on the Charger were a little iffy so we trailered it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and of course you kept the trailer hitches on, right :eek: musta used those to pull the yard trailer, i can't think of anything I'd pull with lightweight looking hitch like those.
How long were the cars sitting? look pretty goos as found.and to find three all in the same spot.
got any more pics :D
thanks for sharing!

hotrod98

Reaction score
These cars were less than 200 yards from my house and I never knew they were there. When the guy saw all of my mopars sitting around, he decided that I should be the one to start taking care of them. I won't even tell you how much I paid for all three. He had hitches on all of his cars. He would pull a small aluminum boat to his dad's house in southern Oklahoma every weekend. He would drive a different car every week. He still owns a beautiful vit c 69 Runner and a vit c 69 Charger R/T. I repainted the runner a couple of years ago. Eventually, I'll buy that runner as well.
Here's a couple of pics of my runner along with two of my cudas.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Just 200 hundred yards away from you? They must have really been hidden real well for not to see them. I wish I could have something like that happen to me!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
man you hit the jack pot when you found these cars....i hope you got them for a good price....nice!!!! :thumbsup:

hotrod98

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Just 200 hundred yards away from you? They must have really been hidden real well for not to see them. I wish I could have something like that happen to me!

They were in a big shed behind a house and the shed was hidden from view. This guy is the same guy that had several 68 and 69 Charger parts cars hauled off a few years to a scrap yard. A guy that knew that I bought that kind of stuff called me and I drove straight there. I paid $250 each for the cars and hauled them home. After a while I got tired of looking at them, removed the grilles and sold the rest to a local guy for the same money. He then parted them out. Those cars have helped with parts to restore numerous cars around here.

hotrod98

Reaction score
Here's a recent pic of my winged runner. I put the wing decals on a few weeks ago.
They make the wing look a little less plain.

moparmoose3

Reaction score
those are some of the sweetest cars i've seen. kinda makes me all teary eyed. congrates!!!!!! :drive: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

droptop

Reaction score
I think that I have seen these cars before. Have you taken them to the Mopar Nationals in Ohio before? I recall seeing the windshield stickers. Those are some fine looking cars.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
Here's a recent pic of my winged runner. I put the wing decals on a few weeks ago.
They make the wing look a little less plain.

looks great, especially knowing the reason for it :thumbsup:

Back