• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought my first Road Runner yesterday!

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I found and purchased a 69 383 factory Air, manual steering complete car unrestored yesterday, matching number survivor car except the floor! The car is dark Bronze and hasn't been driven since the 80's. My son in law posted pics on b bodies only and someone chimed in that he questioned the car because it had front and back rubber bumper guards, have yall seen those on any bird? This is a true RM car...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pics or it didn't happen :jester: congrats on the car. One thing about old mopars, you can never say never. I've seen several road runners with the bumper guards.

quikbird

Reaction score
Now you've done it, you bought a mopar roadrunner. The addiction has begun. Welcome to the group

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Yea I was tryin to get the pics on line, son in law had them on his phone, and was not able, to get them posted, I will try again. Thank Yall The engine is a 383 and pulled the plugs, they look better than my restored 340 Duster. So I plan to try to start this critter, it was last registered in 1987. But I got to buy a ignition switch with the key lock. I filled the cylinders with Marvel Oil, and overfilled the crank case to let it sit in oil for a week or so.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Aint that crazy to order it that way? I told my daughter I was building it for her, I do my cars stock, but for her I might have to change the power steering, but Im hoping her husband finds her a bee and she wont get my RR

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
welcome to the RR forum

sounds like a nice RR, always liked that dark bronze colors

hope you end up keeping it too...LOL

my 68 had rubber bumper-ets on the rear OE, none on the front thou

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks good enough to buff the paint and go. Nice looking Duster too!
There was a local mopar "expert" that swore up and down that if your car had the bullet turn signals on the fender, it wasn't a real road runner.

quikbird

Reaction score
In the swap meet at the good guys show this weekend was a pale yellow rr. Has both the rear bumperettes and the fender turn signals. Also has mold and rust in about every panel and the guy wanted 8k

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I paid significantly less for this RR, it needing only floors and center trunk section, I do have one major body issue the hood has rusted at the latch area, latch is solid but both sides of frame at front rusted, I assume water was rolling under the front face up under the lip, looks like it will take some work hoping to save the hood. This engine compartment and engine are complete all components are there and hooked up, I did discover someone was trying to jump the coil for juice, I think thats related to no starter switch and key, got that ordered......I hope yall will keep me straight on this project, Ive got alot of questions

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
that looks good enough to buff the paint and go. Nice looking Duster too!
There was a local mopar "expert" that swore up and down that if your car had the bullet turn signals on the fender, it wasn't a real road runner.

I looked all over and could not find that thread. Link?

Ranger

Reaction score
Not true. I ordered my first one from the factory with fender mounted turn signal indicators.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ray this was a guy local to me. He swore up and down that the road runners never got the bullet lights, no matter how many he'd see.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ray this was a guy local to me. He swore up and down that the road runners never got the bullet lights, no matter how many he'd see.

You said the paint looked good enough to buff and go. Based on that I assumed that you had seen his RR pics on FABO. That link was what I was asking for as I could not find them.

Last thing I need is a link to a bullet light "expert"... :basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You said the paint looked good enough to buff and go. Based on that I assumed that you had seen his RR pics on FABO. That link was what I was asking for as I could not find them.

Last thing I need is a link to a bullet light "expert"... :basketcase:

Here I am :cool-new:

Back