• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't understand all of this, but I found it interesting.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Big block VS. Small block. It goes to show that the mopar is far better than the chevy. First off the bore size is bigger in the mopar and the stroke is longer. The head dose in take more air and exhaust more air. Motor's are air mover's the more air moved through the motor the more out put you get. I would like to see a 383 with a turbo hooked on it and see what you can get out of it then. I have heard that they sell an 100 hp increaser turbo so now your looking at 500 or more hp out of the same motor.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big block VS. Small block. It goes to show that the mopar is far better than the chevy. First off the bore size is bigger in the mopar and the stroke is longer. The head dose in take more air and exhaust more air. Motor's are air mover's the more air moved through the motor the more out put you get. I would like to see a 383 with a turbo hooked on it and see what you can get out of it then. I have heard that they sell an 100 hp increaser turbo so now your looking at 500 or more hp out of the same motor.
Larger bore shorter stroke

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I argue with all of my brand X buddies all the time. What are the first thing all you brand X guys do when building your race engines with aftermarket race parts? The same things Chrysler did from the Factory. Bigger bores, bigger stroke (stroker motors), bigger valves, longer valves, shaft mount rocker arm assemblies, external oil pumps.

Last edited:
Back