• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I over did it

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I finished the roof on the garage, I was determined to get it done and now I'm in trouble. I quit sweating I feel clammy got a head ache, and feel drained. I'm in pounding water down so I don't get sick. I did this once before and the next day sucked. :toetap:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I still remember one very hot day that I spent outside all day long. I drank no less then 8, 16 oz bottles of liquid, no not that kind, and I didn't visit the little boys room all day. I didn't feel sick at all that day, but it made me fully aware of drinking alot of fluids on those hot day.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I still remember one very hot day that I spent outside all day long. I drank no less then 8, 16 oz bottles of liquid, no not that kind, and I didn't visit the little boys room all day. I didn't feel sick at all that day, but it made me fully aware of drinking alot of fluids on those hot day.

Yep. And if you're a sweat hog like me you really have to be mindful...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm feeling a little better, had a banana some vitamins and about a gallon or better of water :chill:

John69RR

Reaction score
Bob, the Safety Dept at our plant told us that when you work outside in the heat you need to stay hydrated. To know if you are safely hydrated you should urinate at least every 30 to 45 minutes. I've over worked myself like you have in the past and it is no fun.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Bob, the Safety Dept at our plant told us that when you work outside in the heat you need to stay hydrated. To know if you are safely hydrated you should urinate at least every 30 to 45 minutes. I've over worked myself like you have in the past and it is no fun.
I spent most of my career outside and had a 3 gallon igloo that I could almost finish each day. Trouble today was the water was on the ground and I was on the roof and didnt get to it often enough :cheers:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
John69RR said:
I spent most of my career outside and had a 3 gallon igloo that I could almost finish each day. Trouble today was the water was on the ground and I was on the roof and didnt get to it often enough :cheers:
Sounds like very poor planning..............just like I would do......... :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've been spliting my days off painting the house, and working on the '87 dodge truck my Uncle gave me. Worked all day Thursday, then went back up and worked till 2am the next day.Really been draging butt the next day.
Sounds like you ned to have been working at night so the heat wouldn't get you.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I've been spliting my days off painting the house, and working on the '87 dodge truck my Uncle gave me. Worked all day Thursday, then went back up and worked till 2am the next day.Really been draging butt the next day.
Sounds like you ned to have been working at night so the heat wouldn't get you.
I would just hit my hand with the hammer in the dark :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I do that in broad daylight...... :brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
Sounds like you ned to have been working at night so the heat wouldn't get you.[/color]
I would just hit my hand with the hammer in the dark :lmao:

Okay, so I'm not seeing any downside here... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well I woke up above dirt, thats good. Just really sore joints, and no its not my age. :cheers:

toms69rr

Reaction score
A good friend of mine did something very similar to what you are doing outside.
He did this for a couple of days straight. Thought his intake of water was good
Well it wasn't, turns out he started getting dizzy and was loosing his balance. What had happen was out he boiled the water in his inner ear.
What was left was dried crystal inside. After getting rehydrated with the crystals in his inner ear, they float, after that his dizziness got worse.
Turns out with the crystals floating in his inner ear it gave him vertigo. I t took months for him to get back to normal.
Be very careful out there in that extreme heat you are in

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Now that's just downright scary...
Wow scary is right I just about took a dive about an hour and a half ago and caught myself in the door jam :eek:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Man, be careful with that. What if you fell on the RR.......... :eek: Seriously, be careful and take care of yourself. Us old guys don't heal as quick as we used to. :cheers:

Back