• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If Finanaces Don't Improve I May Be Parting With My Bird

glhcarl

Reaction score
Hang in there, family and health are far more important the any car. Will say a prayer for you and yours.

sam z

Reaction score
I wish you the best. I don't like hearing this kind of stuff, whether there is a RR involved or not.

I'm not making a sly attempt to turn this into a political discussion, but the economy of this country is changing. Quickly. It's doing crappy things to good people. I'll stop there.

Good luck. You will get through it.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
After that prayer I said for you, you may have to sell the road runner cause you won't have time to drive it as busy as you may get........ :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
After that prayer I said for you, you may have to sell the road runner cause you won't have time to drive it as busy as you may get........ :lol:
Gary do you have a direct line or something I don't have :jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:

Thanks, Gary, I'll take it! :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Gary do you have a direct line or something I don't have :jester:
I do have a direct line.......... :thumbsup: But you can have it too, if you ask........... :lol:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Hope things work out for you. I will remember you in my prayers!!!
Hate to see people having it rough!!!

Joe

mannye

Reaction score
sam z said:
I wish you the best. I don't like hearing this kind of stuff, whether there is a RR involved or not.

I'm not making a sly attempt to turn this into a political discussion, but the economy of this country is changing. Quickly. It's doing crappy things to good people. I'll stop there.

Nah.... I'm an asshole and it's affecting me too! :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
mannye said:
sam z said:

Nah.... I'm an asshole and it's affecting me too! :lmao:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :lmao:

John69RR

Reaction score
John, sorry to hear about your situation but as most everyone has said, your health is important. My brother in Vegas has been out of work for about 4 months now. He just accepted a job in L.A. doing a terminal expansion at LAX.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Good to hear of someone getting back to work so quickly - it's difficult finding any kind of work these days. It's been 27 months since I had a full-time job but so far the contract work and my little business venture have offered a little relief. This year is a lot worse than last year. Last year I made around $18,000 but so far this year I am averaging about $280/month year-to-date. Yeah - it sucks - bad. I'm hopeful that the 2nd half of the year will be better than the 1st.

mannye

Reaction score
I bet Orlando is having just as rough if not rougher a time of it than us down here in Miami. I work in Spanish language TV and we saw our ad revenue PLUMMET over the last three years. I went from having 4 people in my department to just me.

BUT... slowly I can feel things starting to turn around. I got a feeling that if you just hang in there for a little while longer (I know...that's what they've been saying for two years now) you and I will be bench racing while looking at BOTH our cars come the winter.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Back when my kids were young, I had to sell cars that I knew I would never have again. But they're just cars. You and your family are more important.

As far as the economy... well... I get out to a lot of businesses and I see a lot of busy people right now. There are still some cut backs here and there but it seems to have turned the corner.

mcmopar

Reaction score
It really depends on what area of the country one lives in. Florida is still wracked by the loss in housing jobs (hence my predicament). There are NO new subdivisions being built and very little commercial building taking place, in part because of the slimy banks making it difficult to get loans (while they sit back with all the Govt. money and pay themselves fat cat bonuses - makes me sick) and the lack of demand for new homes right now. Even the land surveying demand is WAY down from last year around here. It's just plain awful. I'm going to look at switching careers if things don't look like they are going to turn around anytime soon. Right now I'll take anything. The economy may be "turning the corner" elsewhere but not here in my backyard...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
As far as the economy... well... I get out to a lot of businesses and I see a lot of busy people right now. There are still some cut backs here and there but it seems to have turned the corner.

Yeah, me too - and I've noticed the same thing, John. Things are booming in the aviation industry right now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
In our neck of the woods I had a pick up in business around tax time again when people got a little extra money and it dropped off to nothing again. I'm fortunate to have a small pension and the wife works so we are not in bad shape I'm just use to having a little cash to throw around. We were noticing a pick up in business at the restaurants around us about the first of the year, but we went out last night and they were like a ghost town again. The good news is my daughter in LA the architect is balancing 3 part time jobs with one she really likes getting ready to make her full time so she's back to work.

mannye

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
It really depends on what area of the country one lives in. Florida is still wracked by the loss in housing jobs (hence my predicament). There are NO new subdivisions being built and very little commercial building taking place, in part because of the slimy banks making it difficult to get loans (while they sit back with all the Govt. money and pay themselves fat cat bonuses - makes me sick) and the lack of demand for new homes right now. Even the land surveying demand is WAY down from last year around here. It's just plain awful. I'm going to look at switching careers if things don't look like they are going to turn around anytime soon. Right now I'll take anything. The economy may be "turning the corner" elsewhere but not here in my backyard...

I didn't realize you were in the housing/building business. I'll tell you what my friend who was a surveyor is doing out here to make ends meet while he waits for the business to pick up...

Look into foreclosure home maintenance. Turns out that when a bank forecloses on a home, no one takes care of it! Down here we have thousands of homes that need regular mowing, and minor repairs to leaks and things like that so they wont fall apart while the bank finds a buyer (which is going to take a loooong time for most homes).

He's doing fairly well and has recently even been thinking of hiring someone to help him handle more business. If Orlando is anything like Miami (and it is) you might find the temporary relief you need! (I've got my fingers crossed)

martin69rr

Reaction score
John
I have just picked up on this post and I am really sorry to hear of your troubles. As people have said before its your health that is the most important thing but I know it must be a really hard decission to make if the car has to go. I hope the job front picks up and things turn the corner for you and your family.
All the best Martin

Back