• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition Switch Light - 69Runner

Fred69Runner

Reaction score
Hi All, New to this group, just got a 69 and in the process of getting all the interior lights working. I have the light package option and have the radio, ash tray and glove box removed and needing to know best way to get to the ignition switch light. Is it best to remove the switch or get to it over the top and back of switch. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome from Fla. Sorry no help here. Trying to get one put back together. Hope someone will have an answer for you. :thumbsup2:

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Welcome Fred, if I remember correctly there not too difficult to remove from above the switch, had mine in and out several times

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Troadrunner restoration 224.jpg Take the switch out the light is clamped to it. It can be done sitting in the car by taking the front nut off.

Fred69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you for the link to the service manuals. That makes things a lot easier!!!

Fred69Runner

Reaction score
TView attachment 31181 Take the switch out the light is clamped to it. It can be done sitting in the car by taking the front nut off.
I thought that might be the case and will go that route. Thanks so much for adding the pic!! That helps.. I'm always concerned about moving 50 year off wire bundles around, the covering gets brittle, breaks off and then you've got a real mess.. Thanks again for the reply..

Back