• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior... Done!

whayden2003

Reaction score
Well. I've been a automotive painter for 20 years. I learned to paint from a older fellow using a devibliss JGA. My hats off to you on getting that cup and spray head inside to door. Great job.

Big Block

Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate that! I've been painting Since I was 17. (Now I'm 65) sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. you have a good day! :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So what you are saying it is a roll of the dice. Sound's like me painting the body part's most came out good and others got trash in them and had to do them over. :thumbsup2:

dbc105

Reaction score
Big Block what paint did you use on the interior? Brand and line? I just started a thread asking this as I need to do my door jambs where some past owner had changed the color of my car.

Also as a side note, I must be the young one here, I'm just 61, LOL.

DC

Big Block

Reaction score
Ha ha enjoy your youth!!! it sucks getting older you get stiff and you can't move your arms and legs and neck the way you want to. in the trunk I painted the shop line PPG I used basecoat clearcoat. I am going to Base coat clear coat the door jams, the fire wall, engine bay and the whole outside of the car. on the inside of the car i used a shop line single stage with a Hardner and thinner. It's called urethane, even on the floor. I am going to spray under the car with the same thing but I am going to clear the single stage with the Hardner and thinner. I am going to use the off brand PPG Shopline 620 clear. You can use it on the base coat clear and the single stage urethane.

dbc105

Reaction score
Thanks Big Block. It's always helpful to go by what someone else has been successful with.

Big Block

Reaction score
It almost got the best of me today. it took me from 7 o'clock this morning till about 6 o'clock tonight to get that thing sprayed base and clear, and the clear and the base actually sprayed pretty good. the clear I had to play with at first with the first coat, but the second coat I kind of let her have it. it looks a lot better than what the pictures show-it's as slick as snot on a door knob! your buddy, Raymond

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Looking good. Don't give up. I have been on my project car for 10 years or so but it's almost done. It is about the cost of everything more then motivation or ambition to work on it for me. Takes months to save up for the part/s, 10 minutes to bolt it on. Lol.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am afraid that if it takes another 5 year's to finish the one I have won't be able to drive it. Good work Big Block. :thumbsup2:

Big Block

Reaction score
Looking good. Don't give up. I have been on my project car for 10 years or so but it's almost done. It is about the cost of everything more then motivation or ambition to work on it for me. Takes months to save up for the part/s, 10 minutes to bolt it on. Lol.
Ain't that the truth!

Big Block

Reaction score
I am afraid that if it takes another 5 year's to finish the one I have won't be able to drive it. Good work Big Block. :thumbsup2:
Hang in there buddy even if it does take another few more years and a lot more cash, what else would you do.Cant take it to our Graves

Back