• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intro

rjb724

Reaction score
Name is Roy, I'm in Glendale, AZ. I have a 69 roadrunner, black on black. It had a new head liner installed before I bought it and I'm now challenged with installing the snap that holds the shoulder strap tight along the top. I'm not too sure where to put it and was wondering if anyone knew how to be sure where it goes before putting the hole in the new head linner?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio Roy. Love to see your runner! Others may chime in with pics you need, but if you feel around along the edge of your headliner, you should be able to feel the hole where the retainer goes. Mine had a new headliner in it when I got it, and the PO didn't replace the shoulder straps(which is great with me)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Wow three of us from Glendale. Roy I can post some pics as to where they go and if they don't make cense I can show you when I get back from Carlise. What part of town are you in?

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. :cheers: Remove the side trim around the head liner, and you should be able to pull the head liner back enough to see where the hole is for the snap. Although this is just speculation as my car doesn't even have a head liner. :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Welcome from Southern Indiana. :cheers: Remove the side trim around the head liner, and you should be able to pull the head liner back enough to see where the hole is for the snap. Although this is just speculation as my car doesn't even have a head liner. :lmao:
Your car doesn't have a head, or much to even support one!!!! :jester: :lmao:

rjb724

Reaction score
Thanks all for the information. I should be able to narrow it down now. 69hemi, I'm at 51st ave and greenway

Back