• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction, wheels/tires

Khan

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals. This is Knan from Louisiana.I live almost on the coast of the gulf of mexico. It is in goose,duck and deer hunting territory. My occupation is pond crawfish farming. I have not heard of many roadrunners south of I-10 between Texas and Miss. I have owned my 69 R.R. for about a year now.It has a 383 cu. engine,holley 750cfm. carb. headers,aluminum radiator,14" factory wheels. this is the way I bought it. I,m ready to upgrade wheels and tires.Plans are weld draglite 15"x6" front on 225/70/15" B/F. Rear will be 8"-9" with 4.5 backspace,0mm. offset on 275/60/15" tires.Summit did not list offset on 9"x4.5 back space rims,Oops I grew up calling these rims instead of wheels.I am open to any suggestions? Nice talking with you and I am glad there are people like you who understand these 69 Roadrunners Thank-You

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Should be okay w/ that rear wheel set-up @ 9" width. 8" is an absolute certainty. The 4.5" backspacing is the critical aspect.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome from AZ. I grew up calling them wheels or rims but then again it's kind of a melting pot here with folks from all over the country.

Khan

Reaction score
Thank- you my tribe for the nice welcome! For friend who replied about chefs/sex offenders, you are totally right. It should be 30 something registered chefs with 0 offenders to his cooking.Sorry about the turn out. As for wheels I,ll take the 8" wheel advice on 275/60,s just in case of axle shift,bushing wear,leaf problems etc. May take advice on moving leafs or tubbing in future. I have experience in metal work + own 2 mig welders. Never know whats up in the cards ? THANK-YOU !!!!!! Khan

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio! There is a 12 picture minumum for all newbies.... :jester:

Khan

Reaction score
Yes, that is it the station wagon.The 2 scoops are missing though! I had 1 on the hood for intake and 1 backwards on the cab to exhaust B/S. HA! just had to come up with something

John69RR

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! :cheers: :cheers: Mudbugs are great for bait and for eating. I live in Houston. Where in La. are you located?

Back