• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this rear end authentic ?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well I'm sure no great mind...so what's your excuse?:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not crazy about the front seats, but not a deal breaker. but if you'd want an original bench seat, they get pricey and hard to find over here.
the drivers mirror is wrong,the antenna is in the wrong place, non factory color, and the passenger door and fender look to be a different shade.and the black engine bay.

Last edited:

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for I guess. Neither this or the green car are correct, but the green one has more forgivable flaws in my opinion. Price would play a huge factor in the choice of these cars for me. I wouldn't give more than around 15000$? for the blue car and probably around 21000$ for the green. If you're wanting a factory correct 1968 that is in show condition, I'd wait and expect to pay somewhere in the realm of 24 -28000 for a 383 car. They are out there it just boils down to what you want to pay and how long you want to wait to find it. My best advice, don't settle for a car that is less than what you're looking for because as soon as you buy it, you'll probably find one closer to what you were looking for originally and have regrets.

ashy22

Reaction score
don't settle for a car that is less than what you're looking for because as soon as you buy it, you'll probably find one closer to what you were looking for originally and have regrets.

That's dead right Pink Panther and it's the main reason that I didn't get it in the first place but then I had second thoughts when I saw some of these RR's going for $100,000 in the US (way out of my price range!!)

The 68-69 roadrunner and indeed any other sought after musclecar don't come up often over here in UK and it could well be another 6 months before a decent one is on the market.

I don't need one right now as summers gone already and I have a 71 454 Corvette to play with in the garage over winter.

I do want a Road Runner though. It's that shape and rear end........you know what I mean :very_drunk:

ashy22

Reaction score
not crazy about the front seats, but not a deal breaker. but if you'd want an original bench seat, they get pricey and hard to find over here.
the drivers mirror is wrong,the antenna is in the wrong place, non factory color, and the passenger door and fender look to be a different shade.and the black engine bay.

When these guys are restoring, why do they paint the engine bay black (i've seen a few like that). Just as easy to paint same as body color?

I think I'll wait for something better to come up.......you never know.

It's going to be a 69 4 speed manual. Here's hoping

Thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
When these guys are restoring, why do they paint the engine bay black (i've seen a few like that). Just as easy to paint same as body color?

They paint the engine bay before the rest of the car so that they don't have to pull the motor once everything is ready. Then when they have it painted they just have the exterior shot. It's a clear indicator of cutting corners.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and even if you leave the engine in place, it's not that hard to paint the engine bay , and it looks a whole lot better. $100,000 for a road runner? unless it has a Hemi or an A12 ar, no way. easily under $30,000, if not $20,000.

Back