• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just bought a 31 nash , hey florida metro lover need you

moparstuart

Reaction score
Re: just bought a 31 nash , hey florida metro lover need yo

69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Just curious I had a 331 with Firepower valve covers years ago
331 , 354 , and 392 are the chrysler HEMI's ( alot of parts interchange on these 3 hemi's ) Imperial used the chrysler hemi line but had there own imperial valve covers , there are also chrysler industial and marine valve covers that all fit the 331, 354 and 392's .

Desoto ( firedome ) and dodge (RED RAM ) had there own completely different line of hemi's
Yep, I had a 392 and got the 331 for parts, many moons ago :D Never did get into the baby hemi's
yup they perfected it with the 426 but the 392 can still be a pretty bad ass motor and it has that cool factor especially in an open engine car .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

IIRC, Big Daddy helped with that. Alot of drag racers went back to the 392 when they couldn't figure out the 426. Garlits helped work the bugs out.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

yup they perfected it with the 426 but the 392 can still be a pretty bad ass motor and it has that cool factor especially in an open engine car .

Then it went 472/528/572/604 after market and improved it much better.....392 was a bad ass hemi

moparstuart

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
IIRC, Big Daddy helped with that. Alot of drag racers went back to the 392 when they couldn't figure out the 426. Garlits helped work the bugs out.
both Keith Black and Big daddy did some pretty bad ass things with the 392 before the 426 came along

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
both Keith Black and Big daddy did some pretty bad ass things with the 392 before the 426 came along

Donovan 417 :popcorn:

moparstuart

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:

Donovan 417 :popcorn:
sure i'll take one of those beasts too :)

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
I've been chuckling to my self ever since this thread appeared..."Mr. MoPar Or No Car" himself has an off-brand parked in the driveway...but it's okay for HIM... :basketcase:

I especially love the fact that Nash was founded by former GM President Charles Nash...so I guess that makes this a Chebbie II... :lol:

And Stuie, don't tell me that Nash became Nash-Kelvinator which was morphed into American Motors which sold to Chrysler so it is a MoPar. Using that BS pretzel logic our Road Runners are all f'n fiats...and I promise you mine ain't... :loco:

:jester:

Of course.... Charles Nash hired Walter P Chrysler to work as a production manager at Buick.....

moparstuart

Reaction score

Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":1v7vukk7]I've been chuckling to my self ever since this thread appeared..."Mr. MoPar Or No Car" himself has an off-brand parked in the driveway...but it's okay for HIM... :basketcase:

I especially love the fact that Nash was founded by former GM President Charles Nash...so I guess that makes this a Chebbie II... :lol:

And Stuie, don't tell me that Nash became Nash-Kelvinator which was morphed into American Motors which sold to Chrysler so it is a MoPar. Using that BS pretzel logic our Road Runners are all f'n fiats...and I promise you mine ain't... :loco:

Of course.... Charles Nash hired Walter P Chrysler to work as a production manager at Buick.....[/quote:1v7vukk7]
when i get done with it its going to be full of several different brands parts , but it will have the heart of a MOPAR :jester: :jester: :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score

Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":8vww7rl2]I've been chuckling to my self ever since this thread appeared..."Mr. MoPar Or No Car" himself has an off-brand parked in the driveway...but it's okay for HIM... :basketcase:

Of course.... Charles Nash hired Walter P Chrysler to work as a production manager at Buick.....[/quote:8vww7rl2]
when i get done with it its going to be full of several different brands parts , but it will have the heart of a MOPAR :jester: :jester: :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

moparstuart said:
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":2fbw68x1]I've been chuckling to my self ever since this thread appeared..."Mr. MoPar Or No Car" himself has an off-brand parked in the driveway...but it's okay for HIM... :basketcase:

Of course.... Charles Nash hired Walter P Chrysler to work as a production manager at Buick.....
[/quote:2fbw68x1]
when i get done with it its going to be full of several different brands parts , but it will have the heart of a MOPAR :jester: :jester: :jester:[/quote I thought we cured you of stuttering :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
I thought we cured you of stuttering :jester:

Didn't leave him at the Grand Canyon long enough apparently... :basketcase:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I think he's just trying to catch up in the post count to the Master of Blabber!!!! :jester: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I think he's just trying to catch up in the post count to the Master of Blabber!!!! :jester: :lmao:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: P.P.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

:basketcase:

Back