• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LETS PICK ON ITALIIANS TODAY

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
We were elite and we knew it... :lol:

You're obviously thinking "elite" in a Pararescue or FAC kind of way...which does not surprise me. I was thinking more along the lines of the intellectual capacity required to even get in and the exclusive nature (TS-SCI clearances - access to NSA-vaulted materials - PRP monitoring) of the job - things you would know nothing of working on the flightline... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

You're obviously thinking "elite" in a Pararescue or FAC kind of way...which does not surprise me. I was thinking more along the lines of the intellectual capacity required to even get in and the exclusive nature (TS-SCI clearances - access to NSA-vaulted materials - PRP monitoring) of the job - things you would know nothing of working on the flightline... :lol:

Cat fight :stab:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
My nephew has had some fun as translator for admirals visiting Moscow, visiting bars buying Russian trinkets military of course. Most of the time on or in the water or in the air listening. :flag:

I was supposed to go to RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk, England and fly RC-135s as an airborne linguist - but I failed my flight physical. Turned out I have WPW - a heart condition - so they wouldn't let me fly... So now I only log about 150,000 flight miles a year as a sales guy... :lol:

Thread hijack!
WPW sux. My wife has it so when I lost my job and we tried to get individual health coverage for her no one would touch her because of it, yet she used to teach 20 - 25 aerobics classes a week and still does teach aerobics part-time. Her full-time job? Fitness and activities director at a retirement center! She's probably in better shape than 99.9% of all the "healthy" people these stupid health insurance companies cover... :rolleyes:
OK - back to your regularly scheduled programming :drive:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

Cat fight :stab:
This could get interesting......... :popcorn:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
No catfight - just jawing...what's more important - offense or defense? What's better - choocolate or vanilla? Etc., etc., etc...

We were on the same team after all... :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
As in he is still a MP or a civilian Cop...?

While I was at Goodfellow I went to school in a building called "Secret Square". Big brick building with no windows. Four armed guards for every student (or so it seemed...). During a fire drill one day a buddy and I exited through an "unauthorized egress"... We were unceremoniously thrown to the ground by about a dozen or so waiting MPs who then trained the barrels of their M16s at various points of our now ashen and horrified faces... This kind of thing happened frequently as it was all part of trying to make us understand that we had no margin for error in our jobs and maintaining security...and those sick bastards really got their rocks off every time they got to take one of us "nerds" down... :yesnod:

He is a civilian. When we went to the bahamas on a cruise we sat at a table with another couple and he was a Russian Linguist and he couldn't talk about his job but he is still active and has been to iraq and afghanastan about 30 times in the last few years. Very nice, clean cut, about 35 years old with a good looking wife and son. He was stationed in Hawaii until recently and now he is in California. Very interesting to talk to though. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Thread hijack!
WPW sux. My wife has it so when I lost my job and we tried to get individual health coverage for her no one would touch her because of it, yet she used to teach 20 - 25 aerobics classes a week and still does teach aerobics part-time. Her full-time job? Fitness and activities director at a retirement center! She's probably in better shape than 99.9% of all the "healthy" people these stupid health insurance companies cover... :rolleyes:

Thread hijack on this forum...? :lmao:

That really is funny because this is a joke thread to start with... :D

The WPW thing can be a real pain...I was once given some albuterol (an inhaler) to help my breathing (had a bout with bronchitis) and that stuff triggered an episode of cardiac arrhythmia...ended up in the emergency room with a heart rate of 209. They stopped and restarted my heart. Spent 3 days in the hospital. What a PITA, and all over a stupid inhaler...

Normally it plays no role in my life - hope it's the same for your wife John...

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
he was a Russian Linguist and he couldn't talk about his job

Yep. Say too much to anyone when you're on active duty and your clearance might go bye-bye...and then so does your job...

:yesnod:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:
Thread hijack!

Thread hijack on this forum...? :lmao:

That really is funny because this is a joke thread to start with... :D

The WPW thing can be a real pain...I was once given some albuterol (an inhaler) to help my breathing (had a bout with bronchitis) and that stuff triggered an episode of cardiac arrhythmia...ended up in the emergency room with a heart rate of 209. They stopped and restarted my heart. Spent 3 days in the hospital. What a PITA, and all over a stupid inhaler...

Normally it plays no role in my life - hope it's the same for your wife John...

Ray

Yeah - she has no problems with it at all but we couldn't convince the ins. co. of that. They asked her if she had an oblation done - where they sever the secondary electrical firing pathway (kind of like a twin distributor HEMI :D ). We told them "no" -because her cardiologist discovered her heart fires on the secondary pathway under normal conditions and on the primary pathway when her heart rate goes up above 135 when exercising. The doc was worried that if he did an oblation she might die right there on the operating table. We offered all this to the ins. co. but they wouldn't budge so I kept her on COBRA until she got her present job's health bennies.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

ya know all of us here are very impressed with your being the elite.. above everyone...a job that requires college...a womens job....which you can have it.....but every job in the service had a purpose and that purpose was for America to be the best and win the war....period!!!....so do your job here and be the JOKE MODERATOR....or else!!!! :D :D

Back