• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lift Off Hood Question

68 HEMI GTS

Reaction score
if its a "A12" clone you gotta have the lift off. be the first thing in a long line that people nit pick.

aug2013014_zps8aeec9a9.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now that's a sweet looking runner(for a blur car....:jester:) is that yours? If so, give with the detals and welcome.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I have the lift off hood and I did think about the hinges and springs but I decided that putting the springs and hinges on kind of defeated the purpose of having a lift off hood in the first place. The weight savings is real nice but I do love removing the hood to access all parts of my engine bay and letting the light in. I have glued some cushion foam to the bottom of my lift off hood and when I remove the hood I simply lay it on the roof of my car without a scratch. On rare windy days I'm really cautious.

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I have the lift off hood and I did think about the hinges and springs but I decided that putting the springs and hinges on kind of defeated the purpose of having a lift off hood in the first place. The weight savings is real nice but I do love removing the hood to access all parts of my engine bay and letting the light in. I have glued some cushion foam to the bottom of my lift off hood and when I remove the hood I simply lay it on the roof of my car without a scratch. On rare windy days I'm really cautious.

I cut the foam is 8 inch square blocks and glued them in the area's near the corners of the fiberglass hood but where the hood would still sit down onto the engine bay without interference underneath. I used upholstery spray glue to mate the foam with the hood.

Back