• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lonely Cannuck

Terrycox

Reaction score
Ive been reading the site for a couple days now and haven't seen too many guys from the north, so I thought I would jump in from Central Ontario. Im not a computer guy...........no fancy nickname, just a simple fan of classic cars. Ive temporarily given up trying to post pics. The site keeps telling me my pics are either too large or too many pixels wide/high. I hope to master it soon, or take some better photos.
Regardless........I bought my first (and only to date) 69 runner in 2007 from a dealer called "Southern Motors" in Michigan. I had been looking on the net for a while and at the time, the prices in the states were far cheaper in comparison to Ontario. I made the 8 hour trek and came home with the damn thing. I've been spending money ever since. (but having fun)
I bought a restored ralleye green coupe with a 383, buckets and 727. According to the fender tag it was originally a 4-speed car with buckets, and a vinyl roof. The exterior has had a recent re-spray of ralleye green however the interior still boasts its orginal green factory paint.
Ive since yanked the 383 and replaced it with a 440, dynoed on paper at 504 hp with 583 foot pounds of torque. One month later, I twisted the posi in the 8 3/4. Ive since re-built the 8 3/4 and threw a set of 391 gears. (had 323) Someone I trusted told me that I could minimize the chances of damaging the rear end again, if I replaced the original rear leaf springs with super stock springs. Well, right or wrong, I swapped the springs and havnt had a problem since. This past winter I pulled the 727 and replaced it back with a 4-speed. Having a lot of fun now!
I have no history on the car whatsoever, but interestingly enough, the more I dive into it, the more I'm starting to think this may have been a drag car at some point. Although I have been able to align the front end, its not straight. There is no indication of ever being involved in a crash. When I pulled the 727 and the console, there was indication of an aftermarket hurst race shifter possibly having been in the tunnel (extremely large hole) Anyway, I believe I have the car exactly how I want it and hopefully I'm done! (so my wife tells me anyway)
Well Ive rambled on enough..............so far ive enjoyed reading your forums, and yes, Im partial to green too!
Regards from the north!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio my Northern Green Brother! Beware of the evil Blue scourge(you'll learn about that soon enough... :loco:) we;ve got at least one Canadian member here. Sounds like you've got a sweet runner there. the pics are usually pretty easy to post. keep trying. great bunch here, lots of good know how here, and lots of good natured ball busting.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Hello from Minnesota. I think there are a couple of Canadian members. Would love to see the pics. You have to right click your pic and edit and resize it. There is a member here that is nice enough to do that for people, when he gets back from vacation. :beep:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome from CT, and another Green team member! :thumbsup: That sounds like you have quite a fun ride there Terry. We do have a lot of fun here and there are a lot of knowledgeable guys here, so come back and visit often and don't be afraid to join in on the fun.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Terry. If you want to send your pics to me I'll post them for you.
My email address is PM for email address (edited by big john to remove email address 7-17-12)

chapdog105

Reaction score
Welcome Terry. I'm from the Detroit suburbs. I live about an hour from Southern Motors, but I've never been there.

Terrycox

Reaction score
Well Chapdog if you ever get the chance to snoop around Southern Motors, dont pass it up. If you are a fan of classics, you can surely kill a few hours. They've usually got a handfull of mopars there at any given time.

Thanks for the offer mcmopar, ill forward those pics to you. I'll warn you ahead of time, that they are massive. I think thats probably my problem getting them posted.

Terrycox

Reaction score
Heads up mcmopar, ive emailed those pics to you. Thanks again,
Cheers,
Terry

Terrycox

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me out and posting those pics. Much appreciated

Back