Magnum 500 Wheels

General Discussion

1. Ranger

Ranger Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Correcting post #35.
    Mine WHERE red, but covered over in black. I prefer it that way as I think the red would not look good against this blue car.

2. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Look's as if Bob is moving rite along on the car. Looking good Bob. Think your hired. :lol:

3. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    Rusty I don't sand and its going to be hot and humid out your way soon. I'm going to finish this thing up before it gets to hot and I'm done for the summer.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  4. Josh

Josh Member

Aug 29, 2016
    image.jpeg Those are the same as mine. Trim rings are in good shape, but might leave them off for a little while. I like the look without them.

5. amigocarl

amigocarl New Member

Feb 1, 2017
    has anyone used or have an opinion on "drop spindles" to raise the front stance? I saw them once now I cant seem to find any.

6. 1969RM23R4A15

1969RM23R4A15 Active Member

Jan 1, 2019
    These are indeed rare and known as the claw trim rings (at least around here) they have claw like black fingers evenly spaced around the outer edge of the ring and clamp onto the very lip edge of the rim and actually will sometimes be embedded under the very edge of the tire bead....and boy are they a PIA to put on! The 70 & newer ones use like a ring of spring fingers down near the middle of the trim ring where they grab onto the rim itself and can still be a challenge to put on but not like the claw ones!

7. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    don't need a drop spindle for that. torsion bar suspension is great for this. just turn the adjuster nut on the lower control arm and car will go up or down wherever you want it. just remember same amount of turns each side

8. 6PKRTSE

6PKRTSE Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I picked up a set of 4 15" (Ferd) Magnum 500's for 70' Charger #2. Just an FYI. The Mopar center caps will not fit without modifying the hub opening. I had to grind about 1/8" of the diameter larger to accept the center caps. Looks great now. Sorry, no pictures. In storage.

9. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    47RNWySG_o.gif