• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making plans to return the car to PSMCD specs

mcmopar

Reaction score
watt340 said:
Glad to see another car will be at the Pure Stock Drags. It's a blast. :drive:
Looking forward to it!
As the other guys said - welcome aboard and tell us more about you and your stout ride! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
watt340 said:
Glad to see another car will be at the Pure Stock Drags. It's a blast. :drive:
Looking forward to it!
As the other guys said - welcome aboard and tell us more about you and your stout ride! :thumbsup:

Mr. Watt needs no introduction for those of us in the LOH crowd. He IS the definitive A12 numbers guru, the former owner of RR A12 #3 (IIRC), a Duster 340 guy (all of the really good guys are... :D ) as evidenced by his avatar pic and moniker, and all around nice guy.

Welcome aboard, Dave. Jump over to the intro section and give these guys some details...and throw a pic or two of your old Vitamin C RR A12 up there just to make them :drool:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I remember Mr. Watt from Moparts and don't tell anyone I peak at the LOH site once and awhile even though my hood has hinges :D Welcome Dave

moparchris

Reaction score
Cool John, you need to make your own x pipe. A friend of mine that races a heads up class has done some dyno time with different combos and he came up with the "tweak chamber". We call it the tweak chamber because he is an aerospace engineer and built this piece over night to make a dyno session the next day. Anyways it made way more power than a X pipe. Pretty much all my cars have had them since and if you have ever heard a car with 180 degree headers, these sound similar. Here are some pics.

moparchris

Reaction score
This is the tweak chamber I built for my Torino. I did my own testing on my 360 Swinger and found that it was .2 faster than open header with 18 inch extension.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Cool, not real complicated. I take it the drive line had better be in first :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Thanks Chris - so how much would your buddy have to have to make me one in a 2.5" diameter size? :drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
This is the tweak chamber I built for my Torino. I did my own testing on my 360 Swinger and found that it was .2 faster than open header with 18 inch extension.

what year Torino Chris? got any...... :red2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparchris said:

Charlie Sheen is evil :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Thanks Chris - so how much would your buddy have to have to make me one in a 2.5" diameter size? :drive:

I can make you one if you send me a mandrel u bend. Freebie. It would be my honor for you to have a part that I made on your fine Runner!

moparchris

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparchris said:

Dont get em started. You can see my pics of it at 71Torino.net :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Does the H or X pipe have to look like a factory piece in this class or can you get away with this chamber Chris is showing? I don't know anything about the rules :popcorn:

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Does the H or X pipe have to look like a factory piece in this class or can you get away with this chamber Chris is showing? I don't know anything about the rules :popcorn:

Bob - H or X pipes are allowed and since an X pipe is nothing like a factory piece I don't think it matters. Too bad you are out West - it would be cool to see what that bad bird of yours could do!

Chris, I can get the pipes bent here at a local shop. I'll have to make sure it is mandrel bent and not just a normal pipe bender. That looks so cool! And I thank you very kindly for your generous offer. :worship:

Back