• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milling Head

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Before I take the time to trig it out, someone on here once posted how much to mill off of the Intake side of the head per every .02 taken off of the head..........please help :worship:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I believe the correct amount is .012" off the intake face for every .010" off the combustion chamber surface. Can anyone verify this?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I think your right. I came up with .0123 off the intake for every .01 off the head. .0042 on the 906 head should be 1cc. Let the games begin......I shouldn't need to remove much. :thumbsup:

droptop

Reaction score
I took 30 off the 906 heads that I put on my '75 with out taking any off of the intake. No problems at all. I did use the thicker head gaskets instead of the metal shims. I was told by the machine shop that you can go up to 50 with out problems, but I thought that would be to much.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I may use some high spot blue and see where my port falls on the intake. Since I just gasket matched I would like for it to line up pretty good. :thumbsup:

Back