• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Eastern Classic

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures Craig :yesnod:

Alot of those cars were up here in Michigan for the Fast races this last couple years. :thumbsup:

They all are nice lookin/runnin cars :thumbsup:

preddy

Reaction score
red 69 runner said:
The white 69 road runner is my friend,he put it on the trailer after the 2nd run,something wasnt right.

Was that Bosely's bird?

I can relate to "something wasn't right". I struggled ALL day. I never got to see John's run as I was head down in my engine compartment. I had to lift on my first 4 time runs ( I was racing in 2 classes) never making it to second gear. The car kept falling over just before the 1-2 shift. I tried jetting it up, changing coils, the chrome box, adjusted the timing, and finally started to get some results. We determined it was having a fuel starvation issue. I ended up disconnecting my secondaries and running on the 2 bbl to counter the fuel problem. I was running a Holley Black electric fuel pump and even tried running a second mechanical pump in series to see if that would help. With 2 runs left before eliminations, I finally made a full pass at 11.52 @ 109 --- on the 2 bbl. It was still falling over in high gear but was much improved. I tried shifting at 5500 and my last time run was 11.50 @ 112. The car kept picking up ET in eliminations eventually running a 11.42 on the brakes. I didn't win my races - I had great reaction times but gave it back at the stripe as the car kept picking up ET on each run and I guessed wrong each time. Oh well, that's racing. ;) I still had a blast.

Now the fun part begins. I have to figure out what's going on in my fuel system. Once Sandy leaves town, I'm going to go through everything till I find it.

JD, congrats on your pass. I'm sorry I missed it!

Joe

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Joe, I only made one run. It was easy to miss. You would have appreciated the hole shot! I was truly impressed with how hard and effortlessly it left. A 1.86 60' is no great shakes but if you were driving it, you probably could have done a lot better. With only one pass, I don't really know how good it might do. My mph was way lower than I expected but I think that's in the carbs. I also short shifted second to third by accident. I was a little over anxious and didn't have a tach. Overall, I really just wanted a 12 second run and beating the faster car was a bonus! One thing for sure, we had two real good looking platinum metallic 69 RoadRunner race cars...

red 69 runner

Reaction score
preddy said:
red 69 runner said:
The white 69 road runner is my friend,he put it on the trailer after the 2nd run,something wasnt right.

Was that Bosely's bird?

I can relate to "something wasn't right". I struggled ALL day. I never got to see John's run as I was head down in my engine compartment. I had to lift on my first 4 time runs ( I was racing in 2 classes) never making it to second gear. The car kept falling over just before the 1-2 shift. I tried jetting it up, changing coils, the chrome box, adjusted the timing, and finally started to get some results. We determined it was having a fuel starvation issue. I ended up disconnecting my secondaries and running on the 2 bbl to counter the fuel problem. I was running a Holley Black electric fuel pump and even tried running a second mechanical pump in series to see if that would help. With 2 runs left before eliminations, I finally made a full pass at 11.52 @ 109 --- on the 2 bbl. It was still falling over in high gear but was much improved. I tried shifting at 5500 and my last time run was 11.50 @ 112. The car kept picking up ET in eliminations eventually running a 11.42 on the brakes. I didn't win my races - I had great reaction times but gave it back at the stripe as the car kept picking up ET on each run and I guessed wrong each time. Oh well, that's racing. ;) I still had a blast.

Now the fun part begins. I have to figure out what's going on in my fuel system. Once Sandy leaves town, I'm going to go through everything till I find it.

JD, congrats on your pass. I'm sorry I missed it!

Joe

Back