• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Performance Viscous Fan Package

A31PKG

Reaction score
For about $22 you can get a Hayden #1705 clutch. You can also find inexpensive used clutch-style fans all day (on the bag, swap meet, salvage yards, etc). I posted a thread a while back on the subject of fan clutches. I researched the spec section of the Hayden catalog and found that their #1705 was the closest to the original 070 style clutch in terms of dimensions. The only real issue for me is that the flange holes are slotted, instead of actual holes like the o.e. part... All of Hayden's clutch flanges appear to be slotted this way. Otherwise, it fits and functions just fine. I would recommend this set-up over a flex fan. I've seen them come apart at higher RPM's. As far as the 15 horsepower gain that MP claims-I've not heard or read anything to substantiate that, but it stands to reason that if fan drag is reduced under hard acceleration, that the engine would have some free HP to put to the wheels.

DSC03231.JPG

ykf7b0

Reaction score
That really seems like the way to go being I'm not even close to numbers matching. I'm thinking that the asymmetrical 5 blade fan to go with a hayden clutch. Thanks for your response!!!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The Road Runner sold in May like my sig says. The Duster isn't up for grabs, at least not now. If I get around to picking up that truck, it won't ever be for sale. Just don't have the time.

Back