• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar salvage in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

earlyrides

Reaction score
"Cuda" Darrel Finch has an extensive Mopar Salvage yard full of all kinds of parts and cars (A, B, C, E, truck).
I have done well over $20k in parts and cars from him over the last 10 years.
He is a nice guy and will ship anywhere.
Darrel 760-963-7809

Tell him Vince from Earlyrides sent you his way.
[attachment=0:1kfsowsu]vert really small.jpg[/attachment:1kfsowsu]

vert really small.jpg

earlyrides

Reaction score
He is in Phelan in the high desert.
Interesting story:
The first time I went to his place I needed a bunch of parts for the 68 Satellite wagon.
So the missus and I take our list and head east from the beach to the desert along with about $300.00.
Once there we discover that he has things we didnt know we needed but could now not possibly live without.
The discussion goes someting like this:
"Darrell, do you have this?" I ask looking at my list.
"Oh sure" he replies. "Do you want okay, nice or really nice?"
"Do you have that?" I ask of another item on my list.
"Yup, I got 3 of those too"
And so it goes. We keep finding parts and stacking them up.
Finally my wife nudges me that the pile is getting large and that we should pay up and go.
So I ask him, "How much for the lot?"
His reply, "$600.00 should about do it."
"DOH!!!, I think I will have to come back with some more money." I tell him.
That is when he did something I will never foget and forever changed the way I feel about "us Mopar people".
He says, "No. Take all of it now and send me a check for the rest in a week or two."
I told him, "You dont even know me. Are you sure?"
He says, "Sure I do. We just did buisness and I only do buisness with honest people so I know you are good for it."
With that he handed me an envelope with his mailing address on it.
He was right. I sent him a check the next week.
We have been friends and doing buisness ever since.
I bought my convertible from him as a disassembled mostly rust free project.
I have gotten a rebuilt 440+6 motor that has been pulling strong since the day I first fired it up.
K-frame, fuel tank, brackets, and a ton of small items and I still call him regularly.
In fact when the window in my wagon shattered, I knew just who to call.
"68 Satellite wagon passenger forward side window?" "I have that." he says.

What a guy.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ok on the north side of the mountains, looks like I15 would get me close :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
Now that is a real mopar guy. :thumbsup: Sound's like the guy I deal with not far from here. Great friends to have. :yesnod:

cj69RR

Reaction score
That's cool. Could have used that info last year when I was on the west coast. Still good info to have. Thanks for posting.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there's a guy I get Lionel parts from. The first time I ordered from him, I emailed him my list, told him to let me know the total and I'd get a check out. two days later the parts showed up. I questioned him, said you don't know me, why did you snde the stuff? "Oh, IU do that all the time, I know I'll get paid" Hope these guys never get burned.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
He has to be a rare kind of guy to be so trusting in today's world. Vince, does he have a website or email address? Sometimes it easier for me to contact people that way.

earlyrides

Reaction score
just a cell phone.
very knowledgeable too.
leave a message if he doesnt answer.
he is probably under a car.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I had a parts deal like that once where it went wrong. The seller, who I happened to know, told me on the phone "I'm too busy to take your credit card and figure a total...I'll just send you the parts and send me a check.. I know you are good for it" It wasn't a lot of money either and he offered to do that.

I got the parts... and they were COD! The COD charge was pretty high and the price... well... it was a quite a bit higher too. The next time I saw him, I asked about it and was told he was "tired of getting screwed".

I never did any business with him again.

csuk9

Reaction score
I'm off to see Darrel today, I'm so excited!!!!! He is super friendly and has everything I asked. The amazing part is he did not need to get back to me, he knew what he had just in his head.. And then found them, took a picture and txted me the photo...I ll let you guys now how it goes. I have a 2 hour drive to get there, so if someone needs something let me know and I'll check to see if he has it. You can call or txt me at 805-701-6679.

Over the phone, his prices are competitive, not a steal, but not over priced.
I'm off to Candyland!

csuk9

Reaction score
What a great day in at the Darrel's. I gotta tell ya, this man has has one of everything. I picked up a few things while walking around and talking to his worker Adam. I can't wait to go back, I guess he has three more acre lots full of cars. I just saw the acre parts lot!

I think I'll be working with this man for a long long time.

[attachment=2:1agnlddb]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367053393.318472.jpg[/attachment:1agnlddb][attachment=1:1agnlddb]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367053405.283279.jpg[/attachment:1agnlddb][attachment=0:1agnlddb]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367053432.752518.jpg[/attachment:1agnlddb]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367053393.318472.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367053405.283279.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367053432.752518.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back