• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar salvage in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
great finds! I finally scored a Coyote Duster last summer thanks to aheads up from a member. How was the $$ on the steerring wheel? Mine's got a couple of cracks.

csuk9

Reaction score
The one I picked up has zero cracks, nice chrome, dirty, but can clean up with a little simple green. The logo is a little faded, but not bad. I bought it for $250. Not great price but fair! I plan on using him a lot so I did not want to start the relationship by low balling him, but he does haggle a bit. I'm happy.

moparchris

Reaction score
I see him year after year at the flings up the valley. His prices are outrageous. I have never done any business with him due to his attitude and prices at that show. Its really interesting to hear that he treated you so well. I would've never known otherwise.

earlyrides

Reaction score
Yes. There are some people out there that Darrel has rubbed the wrong way.
I always try to remember that in life no matter who you are or how you treat people there will be at least 10% that will not like you...no matter what.
He is a buisness man. Mopar parts are his buisness and are what pays his bills.
I never claimed he was cheap or stupid.
He knows what he has.
He knows what is easy to find, what is hard to find and what is IMPOSSIBLE to find.
If you can find it cheaper somewhere else then by all means do the American thing and get it cheaper.

Still a good guy in my book.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
earlyrides said:
I always try to remember that in life no matter who you are or how you treat people there will be at least 10% that will not like you...no matter what.
He knows what he has.
He knows what is easy to find, what is hard to find and what is IMPOSSIBLE to find.
If you can find it cheaper somewhere else then by all means do the American thing and get it cheaper.

I have experienced the same thing with Jerry Dempsey. He runs a MoPar junkyard in Starke, FL called J&J Auto Parts. You guys have probably seen his advertisements in MCG. John (mcmopar) has found him to be abrasive & over-priced. To me he is always a kind, old, southern gentleman; always willing to bundle parts and give me a better deal. Even keeps a list of what I'm looking for... Some people get along and some people don't...

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
earlyrides said:
He knows what he has.

I have experienced the same thing with Jerry Dempsey. He runs a MoPar junkyard in Starke, FL called J&J Auto Parts. You guys have probably seen his advertisements in MCG. John (mcmopar) has found him to be abrasive & over-priced. To me he is always a kind, old, southern gentleman; always willing to bundle parts and give me a better deal. Even keeps a list of what I'm looking for... Some people get along and some people don't...
pulling the ole frank fritz and doing a bundle

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
OK...somebody photoshop a beard on this.... :lmao:

Old%20Town%201000th%20Cruise%20043.jpg

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
There has to be a mustard stain somewhere on that shirt!!!! :jester:

Nope. That was the day the mustard was on my toe... "Old Mustard Toe"...as you guys used to say... :lol:

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I must be a real A-hole.

I know I would like you much better if you would just stop texting and eating and being unappreciative while driving with your baseball cap on backwards... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Jim S.

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
I must be a real A-hole.

I know I would like you much better if you would just stop texting and eating and being unappreciative while driving with your baseball cap on backwards... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think we all have to go on the "Dr. Phil" show. :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Wow this sure grew legs. I must be a real A-hole.

they say the first step to recovery is admitting your problem........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

csuk9

Reaction score
And back to topic, I think Darrel is a fair guy who knows what his collection of stuff is worth. It took me forever, did I say it took forever, I meant forever, to find an RT hood for my challenger in northern Calif. . If I know Darrel back then, I would have saved a fortune in gas and time.

Stay on topic boys and girls :p lol

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
csuk9 said:
A

:basketcase: you're new here, aren't you?
I think we've all run into people like this. There was a '66 Satallite that everyone had stopped and tried to buy.It had been sitting since '74, and it was sunk into the ground. This was '90. I stopped one day, and asked if it was for sale. You can have it(Free) if you want it,and the late '30s Dodge PU sitting behind it, and there is another Plymouth up on the hill(a '67 that had been wrecked early in life that broke in half when we tried to load it.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
csuk9 said:

As Brother Dave so succinctly noted, that is definitely not how we roll around here... The ground rules as previously explained to all of us by Big John (our benevelent host) are that just like a conversation among friends over a beer wanders a tad...so do our threads...so kick your shoes off...meld with us...and put that catch phrase used on other sites back in your pocket... :D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back