• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD 8386 Distributor, Chrysler 383-400, Ready-to-Run

stevo

Reaction score
sorry you are having problems....in the world of Mopar aftermarket stuff really sucks! $$$$$$$

A31PKG

Reaction score
If you don't like points & preserving stock appearance is your goal, Pertronix is the way to go. The system is reliable & installation is simple. Be sure to follow the included schematic diagram EXACTLY. I have had to replace a few orange boxes over the years, but have never had to replace a Pertronix unit. I agree that using an upgraded electronic voltage regulator is also a good idea, as it maintains a steadier operating voltage over the O.E. unit (it helps with other stuff too, like dimming headlamps etc). All that being said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a properly functioning point style system when used in a stock to mildly modified engine. Good luck with it!

A31PKG

Reaction score
Hey Steve & Bill - I'm 50/50 at this point...If I make it, it will probably be Saturday....I hung around Steve's 'Cuda last year for a while hoping to say hi, but the folks there said he was out chasing women....:lol:

Beautiful car BTW!

How about you guys? Bringing your cars?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hey Steve & Bill - I'm 50/50 at this point...If I make it, it will probably be Saturday....I hung around Steve's 'Cuda last year for a while hoping to say hi, but the folks there said he was out chasing women....:lol:

Beautiful car BTW!

How about you guys? Bringing your cars?
I will have my bird there. It will have a new coat of paint on it too!! Fat chance on the women Craig, I was out chasing parts though for my Sport Fury droptop that I had there also. Question for you. What color should the bumper brackets be for our cars. My body guy was asking if I wanted them cleaned up and he seemed to think they should be a metal color. But they look to be black now. Which is correct so I can let him know. Thanks.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I will have my bird there. It will have a new coat of paint on it too!! Fat chance on the women Craig, I was out chasing parts though for my Sport Fury droptop that I had there also. Question for you. What color should the bumper brackets be for our cars. My body guy was asking if I wanted them cleaned up and he seemed to think they should be a metal color. But they look to be black now. Which is correct so I can let him know. Thanks.
Didn't want to give the wrong info, so I confirmed with a good buddy (who is an excellent resto resource) and he says 60% gloss black. The rustoleum semi-gloss spray bomb is a perfect match...hope to make it this year ...good luck with the car!

Back