• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2nd Roadrunner project

bobbyb

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Its allot more fun when the new metal starts going on :thumbsup:
Yes, I already have some new metal on the car. My pics aren't caught up with where I'm at on the car., but I'm not that far ahead. I have a looooong way to go.

bobbyb

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the passenger side new 1/4 panel and roof skin, drivers side 1/4.

driver side.jpg

passenger side.jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
This is what I'm doing where the 1/4 panel meets the roof. I got the idea from another web site. I'm welding in a strip of sheetmetal to cover the seam so I don't need lead or a lot of bondo.

jakes idea.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
bobbyb said:
This is what I'm doing where the 1/4 panel meets the roof. I got the idea from another web site. I'm welding in a strip of sheetmetal to cover the seam so I don't need lead or a lot of bondo.

I have often wondered why they didn't do that at the factory.

bobbyb

Reaction score
And now the trunk floor is gone. I'm glad I got that out it was really nasty.

no floor.jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Man your fast, would you come do my mini tubs :basketcase: :thumbsup:
I'm not that fast, its just that my pics haven't caught up with me yet. I'm posting these two pics of the wheelhouse removed and that will be how far along I am. The inner housings are out and I'm in the process of cleaning and trimming them up to fit. It'll seem like I've slowed down after this.

no wheel well2.jpg

no wheel well.jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
Well I finally got some things done this past weekend. I got the mini-tubs in, primed and ready for paint. I also got my package tray installed. Next I'll get started on the dutchman panel, trunk floor, and then I'll put it back on the rotisserie for the spring relocation kit. Whew, I hope all goes as planned.

7124072-minitubs002.jpg

7124076-minitubs003.jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
I have finally installed the dutchman panel. It took a little longer to fit and finish than the package tray because the dutchman panel is exposed and needs to look pretty.

dutchman.jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
This is something thats a small part of the "resto", but I thought was kinda neat cause I don't have to cut one out of another car. Its the bracket thats in the trunk and is welded to the trunk floor then up to trunk lip or edge. The bottom of mine was rusted where it met the floor, so I cut the bottom off and carried it to work. We have a sheetmetal shop at work and I know one of the guys in there. I ased him if he could copy the original bracket and he said to leave it and he'll give it a try.

brkt.jpg

Back