• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Valiant wagon

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
CIMG0128.jpg

Leaning tower of power.

V100 only option on it is AC and it works good.

The engine is .060 over,.100 off the head and cam installed for the 2 barrel it now has on it.

Got a nice 360 to make a stroker for it. and got the trans for it.

I know BB it well one thing stopping me is MONEY.

It's a Mopar and to me that's what counts.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Looks good Bill! It's been a long time since I've seen one of those around where I am!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Very nice! You may get some on here who say, "it's not a two door, it's not a two door" (Ray et al.) :pot:

Not me. That car is really cool. Even cooler after you hop it up...... :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
My first daily driver was a light blue '66 Valiant wagon /6 push button automatic. It was a good little car. A stroker 360 in one of those little cars would be a mind-bender! :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
My first daily driver was a light blue '66 Valiant wagon /6 push button automatic. It was a good little car. A stroker 360 in one of those little cars would be a mind-bender! :thumbsup:

My first one was a Valiant V100 2dr sedan with the 273,4spd,suregrip light blue or Plymouths name was Robin egg blue.
Was a fast car for what it had.

Fast enough I got glove box full of tickets with it!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Very nice! You may get some on here who say, "it's not a two door, it's not a two door" (Ray et al.) :pot:

I like wagons. A LOT. Two doors or four doors. Don't care. Wagons were some of the very best class racers back in the day. And I like certain four doors - Steve's '68 Satellite comes to mind. That's a neat old car. I just prefer two doors if it's not a wagon - they were what was offered as performance vehicles back in that era so that is what I like. No apologies. If you want to ride around in what were the most uncool cars when we were all kids, Harry, then knock yourself out... :haha:

Beautiful little wagon, Bill. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Love the fact that it has air. I'd like to have one just like it. :yesnod:

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

I like wagons. A LOT. Two doors or four doors. Don't care. Wagons were some of the very best class racers back in the day. And I like certain four doors - Steve's '68 Satellite comes to mind. That's a neat old car. I just prefer two doors if it's not a wagon - they were what was offered as performance vehicles back in that era so that is what I like. No apologies. If you want to ride around in what were the most uncool cars when we were all kids, Harry, then knock yourself out... :haha:

Beautiful little wagon, Bill. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Love the fact that it has AIR. I'd like to have one just like it. :yesnod:

So would Mrs Acme.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Remember Ray, I came to my senses and bought a Scamp....passed on the four door V.

Duly noted - you brought up the 4-door bit - not me... :D

I think Chris has demonstrated a clear understanding of the vehicle air conditioning situation at Casa de ACME... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:
Remember Ray, I came to my senses and bought a Scamp....passed on the four door V.

Duly noted - you brought up the 4-door bit - not me... :D

I think Chris has demonstrated a clear understanding of the vehicle air conditioning situation at Casa de ACME... :lol:

Only because its the same deal over here at casa de Mopar.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me and my insanity, but I really like to see slant sixes in these cars. Everybody has a 340 or whatever... or is planning to change engines. They're the SBC belly button engine of the Mopar world.

I kinda like the slants myself. Different and distinctive looks with incredible reliability.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Maybe it's just me and my insanity, but I really like to see slant sixes in these cars. Everybody has a 340 or whatever... or is planning to change engines. They're the SBC belly button engine of the Mopar world.

I kinda like the slants myself. Different and distinctive looks with incredible reliability.

No doubt that the /6 is distinctive and INCREDIBLY reliable. :yesnod:
But I've always kinda been a Belly Button Man myself... :lol:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Big John you are not the first person to tell me LEAVE that wagon just like it is with the /6 the way it's built.

I know that the way it's setup it runs perty good and if you can't tell from the picture look at the rear tires not the 13 inch like in the front.

This car's body has been in this shape since I took it out of Jacksonville,FL.

With the 21/4 inch exhaust on it sounds darn good.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:

You are not alone John, I like the /6's too! The '67 Valiant I had was a /6 car and was very reliable. And I could get between 18 to 20 mpg with it!

Back