• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Valiant wagon

moparchris

Reaction score
I like the sixes too just to be different. That is till I drive one for a few days and find myself falling asleep when I press the excelerator. :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I like the sixes too just to be different. That is till I drive one for a few days and find myself falling asleep when I press the excelerator. :lol:
Me too!!! Probably explains why I haven't had that pretty little green Duster out for a trip to the store since Gerald Ford was tripping over the rug in the oval office... :basketcase:

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
There was a guy I met that had a slant in a 68 or 69 Belvedere convertible. I just loved that car, it was so different, but he was bound and determined that he would build a RR clone. Out went the slant and it became just another car. I mean... c'mon... how many slant six b body 'verts do you ever see?

Saw a slant in a E body 'vert at a NEHOA meet. Nice resto with the slant intact. Everyone was standing around it and talking about it. I think it drew more attention then most of the other cars there.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
There was a guy I met that had a slant in a 68 or 69 Belvedere convertible. I just loved that car, it was so different, but he was bound and determined that he would build a RR clone. Out went the slant and it became just another car. I mean... c'mon... how many slant six b body 'verts do you ever see?

Saw a slant in a E body 'vert at a NEHOA meet. Nice resto with the slant intact. Everyone was standing around it and talking about it. I think it drew more attention then most of the other cars there.
That reminds me that there is also a /6 Challenger convert that's been at a few shows up here. I don't remember what year it is, but it is a great lookin' car.

sam z

Reaction score
I always thought a 67 - 69 convertible slant 6 barracuda would be cool. Fun car to drive with far less issues than most. My appreciation was confirmed when I met a guy that has one locally, drop top and all.

mcmopar

Reaction score
When we moved to Orlando back in '81 there was a ratty old '71 Charger with a slant six in it at my apartment complex. Seemed really odd that this big ol' B-Body had a leaning tower of power and a TF trans in it.

Big John

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Big John said:

That reminds me that there is also a /6 Challenger convert that's been at a few shows up here. I don't remember what year it is, but it is a great lookin' car.

Bet it's the same car.

Big John

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
When we moved to Orlando back in '81 there was a ratty old '71 Charger with a slant six in it at my apartment complex. Seemed really odd that this big ol' B-Body had a leaning tower of power and a TF trans in it.

I've seen a couple early sixties big C-body cars with slant sixes in them too. That's a lot of car to be hauled around with a slant six!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Amen Big John! I once saw a 1968 Fury with a /6.
A woman I work with purchased a 1969 Charger with a /6 brand new.

moparchris

Reaction score
I agree they are different. A customer of mine (when I was just a young poor oil barron) had a mint 68 Charger with a /6 in it. I also saw a 68 Sport Fury in the junk yard with a Nissan 4 cylinder in it and a 5 speed. I took the pedals since that is pretty rare.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Right after I moved to Georgia there was a 1969 Fury 1 2dr coupe (with piler) /6 with 3sp on the column that sat in this guys front yard. It appeared to be in running condition, I would have loved to had it but at the time I had no $$$.

John69RR

Reaction score
Great looking car Bill. :thumbsup: :cheers: Kinda funny that there were station wagons made in all three lines A,B and C bodies. Today you don't hear station wagon it's SUV or cross-over.

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
Me too!!! Probably explains why I haven't had that pretty little green Duster out for a trip to the store since Gerald Ford was tripping over the rug in the oval office... :basketcase:

:basketcase: Gerald Ford! :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

:basketcase: Gerald Ford! :lol:
Yeah, but the trip down the steps of Air Force One had a bigger audience! :jester:

Back