• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Roadrunner and luckily fell upon this website

nicanor

Reaction score
Finally got my Roadrunner (well its being shipped) and I hope I don't chase anyone away with all the questions I'm going to ask. If I do ask to many questions, just ignore me.

I just bought a 1969 Roadrunner 383 four speed project car. Its has had a lot of work done to it (383 rebuilt, trans rebuilt, new windshield, dash pad and all body work complete ready to paint. First problem is he painted the engine compartment R6 red and I didn't really want another red car. Can I paint the engine compartment Jamaica blue then the rest of the car Jamaica blue? Does it make sense? The trunk is also painted R6.

I completey rebuilt a 69 Corvette and painted it candy apple red, but its a restomod.

About myself: Retired from the US Navy after 31 years in 2004. Married and I have two sons 19 and 30. I'm more of a custom Harley guy. I have been on American Thunder, in different magazines, won the Easyrider show in San Diego and placed 2nd at the National event in Kansas City in 2007. Serious motorcycle accident sent me to cars though I still have five Harleys.

Hope to get a chance to know a little bit about other members of te 69Roadrunner website.

Thanks for reading,
Barry

69B5

Reaction score
Good morning, Barry, and welcome to the site.
Wow, still own five Harleys, I'm impressed!
Your 69 RR project is a good one.
Seems like a lot of work has been done allready.
As far as color goes, the exterior body, engine compartment and inside of trunk are all the same color.
It's usually advisable to paint the car to match the color on the fender tag.
But, it's your car, paint it what color you want.
You could never ask enough questions when it comes to 69 RR's
There is a wealth of knowledge behind this screen.
Glad to have you on board.
69B5

John69RR

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas, Barry. :cheers: :cheers: Congrats on the accomplishments with your bikes. You don't have to worry about posting too many questions here.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Hi Barry, congrats on all your accomplishments. Also thanks for 31 years. I only did 4 in the A.F. back in the 70s. Everyone has there own way about these cars. When I bought mine in 2002, my intention was to put a 4 speed in it and paint it black. Then I found out I was the third owner with every receipt from day one. I didn't have the heart to cut it up. (or the ambition). Have fun whatever you do, it's your car..... :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
barry.....welcome :cheers: ......31 years....good for you.....air force...1970/73....i would be dead if i rode a bike....cant go fast enough on 4 wheels....good luck with your roadrunner.....see if you can post some pictures of that bad boy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Barry. :cheers:

Sounds like a nice project. Paint it any way you want. No such thing as too many questions; everyone here is happy to share their knowledge and experience and to gain from yours.

:jester:
ACME

nicanor

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. The car set in the barn for 36 years. I'll ask these couple of questions here then again on the Tech forum. Did the 69 Roadrunner come in Jamaica blue? It was a 69 Mopar color. Is the paint color in the VIN?

I always thank all our service men and women past and current, for those who did not serve find it difficult to understand.

Thanks again,
Barry

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio Barry, and thank you for your service :flag:
feel free to ask questions. love to see some pics of your project.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
welcome from Ohio Barry, and thank you for your service :flag:
feel free to ask questions. love to see some pics of your project.
X2 Only from AZ. I'm one of those Zonies as the locals call us that amass on your beaches in the summer :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
WELCOME , paint it what ever color you want , but only a crazy person would paint a great RED car , Blue :acme: :acme: :lmao: Red is the elite group and color around here . Dont be tricked by those blue meanies .

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
WELCOME , paint it what ever color you want , but only a crazy person would paint a great RED car , Blue :acme: :acme: :lmao: Red is the elite group and color around here . Dont be tricked by those blue meanies .

Just ignore this post, Barry. We're a pretty open-minded group here so our doors are also open to kids like Stuie that used to ride the short bus to school... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:acme: :lol: :acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

Just ignore this post, Barry. We're a pretty open-minded group here so our doors are also open to kids like Stuie that used to ride the short bus to school... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:acme: :lol: :acme:
Ouch. You must be home again and taking your frustration out on the board because your afraid of the little woman :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest Barry! Sounds like you have a great project there. As has been said already, you can never ask too many questions here as there are many knowledgeable guys who can answer your questions. And don't be scared away by the previous 3 posts, we have a lot of fun here and stuff like this happens all the time. We on occasion will stray just a little bit on some subjects but most always will get back to the subject, what ever it was,,, originally. :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
WELCOME , paint it what ever color you want , but only a crazy person would paint a great RED car , Blue :acme: :acme: :lmao: Green is the elite group and color around here . Dont be tricked by those blue meanies .

fixed that for ya Stuie....

nicanor

Reaction score
This might be the wrong forum but I'll ask anyway. Please point in the right direction if needed please.

Found someone to remove my engine and other components and change the engine compartment from R6 red to B7 Jamaica Blue and put it back together for $1000. They will paint the whole car, but they are a little high priced.

My question is:

For a 1969 Roadrunner with the color B7 Jamaica blue, what color should the engine be? In the picture it kinda looks orange/red.

Thank you,
Barry

mcmopar

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparstuart said:
WELCOME , paint it what ever color you want , but only a crazy person would paint a great RED car , Blue :acme: :acme: :lmao: Green is the elite group and color around here . Dont be tricked by those blue meanies .

fixed that for ya Stuie....

I like it, Dave! :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Barry. Paint it any way you want and drive it like you stole it! :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ouch. You must be home again and taking your frustration out on the board because your afraid of the little woman :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nah, just horsing around as usual. But she does frighten me... :basketcase:

Back