• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My latest money pit....

dobie

Reaction score
Well, my money will be disappearing even quicker now. Found this last week, and bought it yesterday. It's a 1988 W150 4x4. Not bad for it's age. 160,000 miles. 318 engine. There's of course some rust, and other little "problems." The main thing right now I need to do is get a new brake line from the metering block back to the rear axle. Other than that, I can kinda take my time doing things. The heater controls don't work, along with the glove box lock. There is a nice CD player/stereo system, so I guess that's a plus! :jester: The only down side to this is that I gotta sell off my remaining handguns to recoup the money. Oh well.

Anyways.....

mcmopar

Reaction score
You might want to hang onto those guns with the way things are going around the country :jester:

Nice score on the truck. Have fun with it.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
You might want to hang onto those guns with the way things are going around the country :jester:

Nice score on the truck. Have fun with it.

just shoot the guy with the truck and now you have a truck and hand guns.....truck looks great...have fun fixin her up :cheers:

dobie

Reaction score
:lol:

Thanks guys. I'll keep 2 or 3 handguns just because, but last year I had started with 14, so I guess I could stand to lose a few.

:jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
dobie said:

Thanks guys. I'll keep 2 or 3 handguns just because, but last year I had started with 14, so I guess I could stand to lose a few.

14 hand guns....your out of control :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's sweet Steve :thumbsup:(more pics!!) Let me know if you need anything, I'm parting my '85. It has a good glovebox lock. The boneyard I got my crossmember has some Dodge trucks. Some look like they were just drove in. I know one has red interior, I got the headliner for mine from it. Only $15, other yards wanted $50. I'm pretty sure the seat was good in it. Come on down and I;ll take you there.(hope you like cows....)

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice score!

I used to have a red on red '83 4X4 - your interior looks just like mine did - without the seat cover. Great truck. Originally a 318, I built a nice 360 for it. Traded it in on a new '93 with a 5.9 magnum and a five speed. Traded that in on the '98 SS/T which I still have. Love to have both the '83 and the '93 back...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
2223 posts.......gee Mr Frenches has been chatty lately :acme:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

:toetap: :toetap:

Please note that I only used two; no patent infringment... :lol:

dobie

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that's sweet Steve :thumbsup:(more pics!!) Let me know if you need anything, I'm parting my '85. It has a good glovebox lock. The boneyard I got my crossmember has some Dodge trucks. Some look like they were just drove in. I know one has red interior, I got the headliner for mine from it. Only $15, other yards wanted $50. I'm pretty sure the seat was good in it. Come on down and I;ll take you there.(hope you like cows....)

If I could find a good bench seat, that'd be great. It looks as though you can't remove just the lock from the glove box. So yesterday I went to a local junkyard and took a blue glove box door for $5. Now I'll just have to paint it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
My '85 has red interior, so you can save your paint. (wouldn't want you to have any of that "blue" stuff that close to your green car... :lmao: ) It has a scratch on the door, but it's yours if you want it Steve. And I'll bet the lock will come apart.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

:toetap: :toetap:

Please note that I only used two; no patent infringment... :lol:

duly noted.... :jester:

dobie

Reaction score
Back from the dead, eh? :cool:

I think I started the information in another thread last year, but this one is more fitting I suppose. We finally got started with the engine swap. Last year I started the rebuild of a '78 318 with 50,000 original miles. My curent 318 had somewhere around 200,000 miles probably. Gas milage was nonexistant at around 6 mpg. No power either. Completely horrible.

Nothing performance was added to the '78 318. Just bone stock stuff. For preventative measures, a new water and oil pump was added, as was new lifters. All new gaskets, seals, and freeze plugs. That's pretty much it. Had to buy a new radiator too, along with all of the hoses for cooling, fuel, and tranny.

The truck is TBI with a roller cam motor of course. The '78 is flat tappet. Things should be ok, or so we think. I plan on switching all of the wiring back to the 78 motor and hopefully keep the TBI stuff. If not, then I'll just convert the truck to a carb. We'll see I guess. Last Saturday was the start of the switch. Last night the new one was dropped in, but not bolted down. Tonight, the bottom end will be buttoned up. On Friday hopefully we'll work on the top end with the wiring, etc... and maybe even try to fire it up.

Something says there will be problems, of course..........

A few pics will be added as soon as I can.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad you couldn't keep the roller. Great pics. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

So how many hand guns did you end up keeping? :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dobie said:

You and my brother, gun hoarders. Good looking truck!

Back