• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My latest money pit....

dobie

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Too bad you couldn't keep the roller. Great pics. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

So how many hand guns did you end up keeping? :popcorn:

:jester:

Well, I started with 14 handguns. I now have 6. :brickwall:

I have more pics. As I get the time, I'll keep posting them.

dobie

Reaction score
A couple more.

8-4.jpg
New(ish) 318
9-3.jpg
9-3.jpg

The motor is now in, bolted up to the tranny, etc... Found out last night though that the pass side engine mount had to be changed. The '78 and '88 ones were a tad different in size. I ended up using both of the '78 ones. It would've been nice to know BEFORE I used POR-15 on everything!

Tonight, plumbing will be worked on, along with the top end electrical stuff. I hope to have her fired up sometime tonight (doubtful) or tomorrow.

dobie

Reaction score
Well, the motor is in and running finally. I brought her home last night. Once things were buttoned up there were no real issues. She runs nice now. With fresh tranny fluid, she kicks ya in the ass shifting. The new thermostat housing leaks, but that's par for the course with Mopar's. Anyways, thankfully its finally done!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dobie said:
The new thermostat housing leaks, but that's par for the course with Mopar's.

Nothing a couple of minutes with the welder can't fix... :lol:

Good deal Steve! Glad you got her up and running. :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dobie said:
Well, the motor is in and running finally. I brought her home last night. Once things were buttoned up there were no real issues. She runs nice now. With fresh tranny fluid, she kicks ya in the ass shifting. The new thermostat housing leaks, but that's par for the course with Mopar's. Anyways, thankfully its finally done!

:red2: :red2: :red2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

:red2: :red2: :red2:
Steve you should have seen this coming :lol:

dobie

Reaction score
:basketcase:

Nah, plenty of beer was drunk. It took about 1.5 weeks once the truck got pulled into the garage.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
:basketcase:

Nah, plenty of beer was drunk. It took about 1.5 weeks once the truck got pulled into the garage.
Great job Steve! :thumbsup: It must feel good to have it running again!

dobie

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Now back to the runner :acme: :D

Yeah, no doubt. I've given up on my uncle doing anything with it this year. I've started calling around to get prices on hanging the new metal. We'll see.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dobie said:
69hemibeep said:
Now back to the runner :acme: :D

Yeah, no doubt. I've given up on my uncle doing anything with it this year. I've started calling around to get prices on hanging the new metal. We'll see.
How far away is Gary :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah my Uncle's like that Steve. hard to get started, but then you can't get'm to stop! but he works cheap.. :D .

dobie

Reaction score
Okay, problem solving time.......

So three times now the truck has fallen on its face while going up hill. It died on the steepest grade today. She eventually got restarted, and I was able to drive away. 15 minutes later, going up another hill she almost shut off again. Once I level out, it runs ok again. It never did this before the swap, so somethings not right.

I was told about the pick up coil, which im familiar with as I had one go out in my bird. Thing is though, the bird never acted this way. She'd just quit with no warning, and restart about 20 minutes later.

The truck acts as though it may be starving for fuel, but im not sure.

Any ideas??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dobie said:
Okay, problem solving time.......

So three times now the truck has fallen on its face while going up hill. It died on the steepest grade today. She eventually got restarted, and I was able to drive away. 15 minutes later, going up another hill she almost shut off again. Once I level out, it runs ok again. It never did this before the swap, so somethings not right.

I was told about the pick up coil, which im familiar with as I had one go out in my bird. Thing is though, the bird never acted this way. She'd just quit with no warning, and restart about 20 minutes later.

The truck acts as though it may be starving for fuel, but im not sure.

Any ideas??
Being its injected I would check fuel pressure, pump and filter.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hole in fuel line? Dodge's are well noted for the line comming out of the sender rotting out, not sure how the line is with the pump in the tank.
plugged sock on the pick up in the tank.
plugged fuel filter.
pinched fuel hose during engine swap.
fuel pump in tank going bad.

Back