• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project 69 roadrunner

moparchris

Reaction score
Here it is, I finally figured out how to post some pics for you to view. I bought this 69 off of ebay and it was 700 miles from me so I loaded up the trailer and headed north to retrieve it. A great road trip and when I got to the car it was exactly as it was pictured with snow and everything. I have many other project but I needed a beater to drive around and enjoy. I am the third owner and it is all numbers matching and largely unmolested. Unfortunately it lived its whole life in Salt Lake City and it was driven in the salt and snow so it has alot of rust. I will take some more pics here in a few days so check back ater this week and I will have them in this album. It runs real strong and the trans is pretty much junk so first on the list is a 4 speed swap. :drive:

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss17 ... oadrunner/

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
glad it's not just me..I ran into that on the other post.

moparchris

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for being patient. I am show my prowess for computers. :brickwall:
I set the albums to public and now it works for me when I am not logged in.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah baby! anuther one for the Green Team! :banana: :banana: :banana: Looks like a good one.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
And the green vs. blue just keeps going... :jester:

Lots of potential for that one! :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Looks like a great project. What are your plans, exactly. Please include your choice of colors for the car....... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Moparchris its nice to have another from out west, even if your car is green :D Are you going to Spring Fling? :cheers:

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the kind words even if its green :brickwall: Did Plymouth actually offer any other color than green? I wouldnt know since every roadrunner I have owned has been green. :lol:

My plans are to put some tires on it, an alternator and drive it everyday to work. I am in the process of buying a rustfree satelite so that in the near future I can put the rustfree sheet metal on it. It needs alot of work but I think I can do it. It needs : trunkfloor, extensions, tailpanel, inner and outer wheel houses, dutchman panel, both quarters, patches on the rockers, and front fenders! Whew! Well it needs alot, it also has no options. I want to paint it green with the green interior since I have never had restored a car to its original colors before. And for some reason what was so horrible in my youth looks good to me now! The engine runs great, so good, in fact, that I would say that its the best running 383 I have seen. So I will re-gasket it and paint it and put it back. I want to put a 4 gear in it and that will happen very soon. I want this car to be light hearted and fun for me since all the other restos get serious and it takes away from me enjoying it, yeah their great to look at when they are perfect, but I am a nervous wreck when it comes time to take it to the track and beat on it.

moparchris

Reaction score
Thanks roadcuda, I really like the looks of your car. For some reason I went from ugh green to really liking it! I dig the dog dish with the polyglasses. Do you have pics of your car somewhere on here?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Thanks roadcuda, I really like the looks of your car. For some reason I went from ugh green to really liking it! I dig the dog dish with the polyglasses. Do you have pics of your car somewhere on here?
Thanks Chris. Check in the pictures section under "Here's Mine," and you'll find a few.

Back