• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my roadrunner ran into a problem

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
did a little 100 foot burnout leaving our show......drove about a mile and tranny went bye-bye......nothing......all gears not there......cable appears to be moving at shifter and tranny linkage arm but i have zero......any hints on what went wrong :crazy:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I'm guessing that you broke it.
:leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Time for a four or 5 speed, the girliematic is having a flow problem :jester:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i was looking for some good news not bad.....i wanna puke.....thanks

i was hoping for a broking linkage arm inside or something i could fix......????? :puke: :puke: :puke:

Big John

Reaction score
I doubt if it's any problem with internal linkage. The shifter arm is directly mounted to the valve body.

You could drop the pan and take a look. If you don't see anything, drop the valve body, but I'll bet you broke something in the rotating assembly.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Big John said:
I doubt if it's any problem with internal linkage. The shifter arm is directly mounted to the valve body.

You could drop the pan and take a look. If you don't see anything, drop the valve body, but I'll bet you broke something in the rotating assembly.
thanks big john......i dont know shit about auto trannies.....that was the plan to drop and see
this is my bullit proff race tranny from john cope racing(CRT).....have to pick his brain tomorrow.....i smell money being burned up again :puke:

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Shit George . Hope it's not to much money.

Thanks for the pre-warning.
I'm not going to do 100feet burnouts with my CRT.

Converter broken/ pumpshaft?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
did a little 100 foot burnout leaving our show......drove about a mile and tranny went bye-bye......nothing......all gears not there......cable appears to be moving at shifter and tranny linkage arm but i have zero......any hints on what went wrong :crazy:
George are you sure you didn't break the gear vendors OD unit?

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
George are you sure you didn't break the gear vendors OD unit?
That was my first thought too. :popcorn:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
just got off the phone with john cope and he wants me to check the tranny fluid level when not running then check it with it running if the same level then the pump gear snapped.....if not then i call him back.....have to do this with another guy since he wants it done cold and these dominators dont have chokes
to be continued :puke: :puke: :puke:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
dutchrunner said:
Shit George . Hope it's not to much money.

Thanks for the pre-warning.
I'm not going to do 100feet burnouts with my CRT.

Converter broken/ pumpshaft?
i bought this tranny back in 2007 and abused the shit out of it....Dutch......do all the burnouts you want but do them in second gear

Big John

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
dutchrunner said:
Oke' Good advice George. Did the burnouts in 3rd gear until now. :lmao:
2ND/3RD FINE :thumbsup:

Yep!! Stay out of first gear so you avoid damaging the over running clutch!

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Just a thought from way back in my days helping my father inlaw with his 440 Dart. He used to go through tail shaft assemblies often. One summer went had to replace five. This was due to great traction and engine producing tremendous horse power. The weakest point always broke and it was the transmission tail shaft. You might want to check there since you said you performed a burnout!

george68hemirr

Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Just a thought from way back in my days helping my father inlaw with his 440 Dart. He used to go through tail shaft assemblies often. One summer went had to replace five. This was due to great traction and engine producing tremendous horse power. The weakest point always broke and it was the transmission tail shaft. You might want to check there since you said you performed a burnout!
that should be fine since gear vendors has a reinforced tailshaft when i did that swap...
no news yet....pulled my back out and havent even looked at it yet :puke:

Back