• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my roadrunner ran into a problem

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
4spd69RR said:
Just a thought from way back in my days helping my father inlaw with his 440 Dart. He used to go through tail shaft assemblies often. One summer went had to replace five. This was due to great traction and engine producing tremendous horse power. The weakest point always broke and it was the transmission tail shaft. You might want to check there since you said you performed a burnout!
that should be fine since gear vendors has a reinforced tailshaft when i did that swap...
no news yet....pulled my back out and havent even looked at it yet :puke:
Do I have to come up and do this for you now pussy :jester: Get better, I have never hurt my back but I hear its not fun. :cheers:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
4spd69RR said:
Just a thought from way back in my days helping my father inlaw with his 440 Dart. He used to go through tail shaft assemblies often. One summer went had to replace five. This was due to great traction and engine producing tremendous horse power. The weakest point always broke and it was the transmission tail shaft. You might want to check there since you said you performed a burnout!
that should be fine since gear vendors has a reinforced tailshaft when i did that swap...
no news yet....pulled my back out and havent even looked at it yet :puke:
Do I have to come up and do this for you now pussy :jester: Get better, I have never hurt my back but I hear its not fun. :cheers:

Why dont you just kick him in the nuts! :basketcase:

I like johns response! :basketcase: The problem with girlie matics is that when they break they make the guts into hamburger. I second the Lenco!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
well i called lenco and he said no good for 98% street and 2% strip.......i would need a massive cooler for a clutched /stick lenco.....so thats out

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
well i called lenco and he said no good for 98% street and 2% strip.......i would need a massive cooler for a clutched /stick lenco.....so thats out

Go Jerico, I believe that GV has the parts to mate since its a fancy Ford Toploader. DO IT YOU ALREADY HAVE THE PEDAL IN THERE!!!!

george68hemirr

Reaction score
TRANS UPDATE.....JUST PICK HER UP.....GOING IN TONITE/TOMORROW.......800 IN PARTS FROM A&A RACING TRANS AND 500 FOR MY BUDDY TO PUT HER BACK TOGETHER.....HE WAS IMPRESS WITH THE HEAVY DUTY BUILD FROM JOHN COPE RACING[attachment=0:3tofok21]DSC02411.JPG[/attachment:3tofok21]

DSC02411.JPG

george68hemirr

Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
What was the cause of the failure after the burn out?
PUMP GEAR WHICH WASNT HARDENED 4340 STEEL SNAPPED BOTH TEETH RIGHT OFF....BOLT IN SPRAG CAME APART.....HE WENT WITH A HEAVIER BAND AND CLUTCHES....NEW ROLLERS....ETC
HE WENT THRU EVERYTHING....LASTED 5 YEARS
THIS IS THE TRANS:...The most complete foot brake torque flight anywhere. 22X Reverse manual valve body with low band apply, Bolt in sprag, Alto Red Eagle racing clutches, Kolene steels, Thicker band strut, Red lined bands, Teflon rings, Rear billet servo, neutral switch, 2 cooler line case fitting, 4.2 billet 2nd gear lever, Mopar reusable pan gasket, deep aluminum pan & billet filter extension, Modified pump support, 4 or 5 pinon steel spline planetary with bearings, 3 or 4 rear planet with bearings, rear roller support, Your choice of a billet steel or aluminum front drum, No kick-down linkage needed.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
thanks guys....shes coming together....hopefully today.....cant wait to see how the 373s feel going down the road

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Well it is good you are getting back on the road please post some shots and let me know how the 373 work out. I'm thinking to replace my gearing to either 355 or 373. Have not made up my mind yet. I have to get my trans back in the car first.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well all done engine/trans/overdrive and rear full of fluid and so far no leaks......going for a test drive.....need my gps[has mph built into it] to figure out my mph since the gear change...dont need anymore tickets :thumbsup:

Back